140mm AIO on Asus 1080Ti - pointless?

Soldato
Hi,
I'm looking into getting a 140mm AIO (X42 maybe), with a G12, for my Asus Strix 1080Ti.
But is there any point?
The cooler on this never seems to go above 70*c, the clocks hold north of 1,900Mhz, and its pretty quiet overall.

A pointless 'upgrade'? or a viable luxury?

Would be interesting to hear some thoughts.

Thanks!

Soldato
OP
No room for a 280mm...i mean technically there is (Define R6, 240mm at front only), but i cant use the top as otherwise the cats will perch on it for warmth, so i have the bottom intake only to use. :p

At the moment i'm swaying towards not bothering...

Soldato
Not worth it imo. Would sit somewhere between 50-60 degrees so 1 or 2 steps higher on the clock profiles so about 26Mhz.

You could over clock and undervolt your card and get better performance.

I run a TitanP at 1950Mhz @ 0.925v as an example.

Soldato
No room for a 280mm...i mean technically there is (Define R6, 240mm at front only), but i cant use the top as otherwise the cats will perch on it for warmth, so i have the bottom intake only to use. :p

At the moment i'm swaying towards not bothering...

I have two Define-based rigs with rads in the roof. Cat has never sat on it. Heat output would literally cook her.

Put some screws facing upwards

Soldato
OP
I have two Define-based rigs with rads in the roof. Cat has never sat on it. Heat output would literally cook her.

Put some screws facing upwards
Our cats sleep in the same room as my PC, and screws arnt really an option ;)

Are there any products on the market that would allow an full coverage waterblock to be used with something like an AIO?
Didnt EK have some modular thing some years ago?

Soldato
OP
To finish this thread off, i bought a 360mm rad to replace my 240mm on my CPU, and moved the 240mm to my 1080ti.
GPU Core temps are down from a high of 74, to 41, and VRM from 92 to 66 - both after 15mins of furmark.

CPU temps are up on a max small-fft p95 test by about 9*c, but in all fairness, its now acting an an exhaust (so getting gpu heated air) and its on quiet mode...

Pretty impressive!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom