Nora Quoirin death - no foul play

Soldato
Why didn't they use chopper with thermal imaging camera at night to locate her?

In a warm, moist jungle that's teeming with life and has a dense canopy that covers nearly everything? Would probably be as useful as that person on here who spent thousands on the FLIR camera to go hunting demnons and spooks.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Why didn't they use chopper with thermal imaging camera at night to locate her?

Probably for the same reason that Thermal imaging doesn't all ways pick up scallies on the run in reality tv cop shows when they head into dense forest here in the UK, thermal imaging is not a magic bullet that can see through every thing.

Associate
Nora's condition meant that she had a severely undeveloped brain rather than just mild learning difficulties. She was in a strange place with all kinds of new stimuli, jungle noises etc, it's not a big leap to assume something got her attention outside and she went to look at it. Christ I spent 3 days in a jungle camp in Thailand and it felt like I was surrounded by animals ready to attack at any minute.

I'm surprised she found at all if she was a mile and half in dense jungle. For one there's plenty of animals about and two people get lost in the Grand Canyon for longer than that and that's mainly open.

Soldato
I recall getting lost multiple times and wandering off quite some distance from family when I was small.

Important thing is I had a habit of returning to last known good location, which was the family car.

Difficult to say what someone elses instincts are when they are heavily reliant on others, can't see them and their surroundings are totally alien.

Even if she did propel herself to where she died, how would you find evidence of it.

I guess the question we have to ask is does she usually go outside on her own? If so then its entirely possible she went outside on her own.

Most people with learning difficulties aren't delusional. They purely have a younger learning age than their actual age. I had a best friend that had a learning age of 12. Up until 12 we were on the same level mentally. But as we got older his mental age stayed at 12. He still knew right from wrong.

This story is difficult to speculate because we don't know what is normal for Nora and her family to do. We don't fully know how she was mentally. We don't know if she usually goes outside on her own, and if she does how far she usually wanders. If we had more background information then we could be more certain of what might have happened.

Soldato
On the less negative side, the parents of this particular missing child do have the closure of a body and cause of death.

I believe it an improvement on never knowing forever.

Associate
I can’t imagine the horror than Nora’s parents are going through.
I have a son who has Autism and learning difficulties. I can fully understand how Nora left the holiday home and wondered off, then got lost. I’ll even bet that she saw or heard the people trying to find her but hid away because she was frightened and confused.
I have literally had nightmares about this type of scenario happening to my son.

Soldato
Honestly forget learning difficulties if I could get away with tagging my 3 year old with a GPS tracker I likely would and (touch wood) he is perfectly healthy

Sadly unlike barcodes for pets a GPS tracker needs a bulky transmitter and batteries.

Associate
How far does sound travel in the jungle, were the search party not calling out her name ?
It travels very poorly. A jungle is noisy and for the sound to reach someones ears it will have to navigate past 100's or 1000's of obstacles.

They were even playing recordings of the mothers voice calling her over loudspeakers but it wasn't enough.

Back
Top Bottom