**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
What are people's opinions on the Honor View 20, 20 and 20 Pro phones?

I tend to use this forum as part of my research when planning on buying something new but I have been surprised to see very little mention of these phones.

Caporegime
Oh man, so yummy!

If the latest leak about the Xiaomi Mi Mix 4 is accurate then there could be a new flagship smartphone champion waiting in the wings. We already reported on a previous specifications leak about the device back in May, and the new information appears to corroborate many of the details from the earlier report. There are some key differences worth pointing out though: For instance, the then expected Snapdragon 855 processor has now been upgraded to a Snapdragon 855+ chip.

The amount of RAM in the new leak has taken a bit of a tumble from the May report, with the supposed 16 GB now being reduced to a still healthy 12 GB. However, it is likely Xiaomi will offer up a variety of memory and storage configurations for the Mi Mix 4, so that 16 GB monster may still rear its powerful head yet. There should be 1 TB of UFS 3.0 storage available, and a 4,500 mAh battery will be in charge of powering all of this high-end hardware.

According to the newly shared information, the AMOLED screen of the Xiaomi Mi Mix 4 will have a 2K resolution. The flagship could also feature a quad camera setup on the rear, NFC functionality, a ceramic case, and it will operate with MIUI 11. For those curious about the charging situation, apparently the Xiaomi Mi Mix 4 will support 30 W fast charging and also be capable of reverse wireless charging.

Of course, the leak could have been faked or doctored in some way, so it’s important to take this information with a pinch of salt. The quad camera setup may feature the 108 MP sensor from Sony that we highlighted recently, and the other cameras could consist of a 16 MP ultra wide angle lens, a 12 MP sensor, and a periscope lens – or it may feature completely different specifications. We won’t know for sure until Xiaomi officially launches the Mi Mix 4, which could be as soon as next month.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Formi...-for-the-Xiaomi-Mi-Mix-4-leaked.431270.0.html

Soldato
Is anybody looking at the upcoming Redmi Note 8 Pro? Looks to be a lot of phone for the money. Thinking of upgrading my ancient phone to one, but would like to hear what people think first. Mainly due to it not going the Qualcomm route for the chipset.

Caporegime
Is anybody looking at the upcoming Redmi Note 8 Pro? Looks to be a lot of phone for the money. Thinking of upgrading my ancient phone to one, but would like to hear what people think first. Mainly due to it not going the Qualcomm route for the chipset.

Even at sub-£200 I wouldn't personally touch Mediatek chips, the only chip of the main 4 I wouldn't touch.

I think the sweet-spot for price/performance at the moment is the K20/Mi 9T (non-Pro).

I'm seriously considering moving from my Mix 2s to it, even though it would technically be a drop in performance (845 down to a 730), but it has an epic battery, and I don't really do anything or play any games that need as much grunt as I currently have. I also miss AMOLED!

Soldato
Even at sub-£200 I wouldn't personally touch Mediatek chips, the only chip of the main 4 I wouldn't touch.

I think the sweet-spot for price/performance at the moment is the K20/Mi 9T (non-Pro).

I'm seriously considering moving from my Mix 2s to it, even though it would technically be a drop in performance (845 down to a 730), but it has an epic battery, and I don't really do anything or play any games that need as much grunt as I currently have. I also miss AMOLED!

The Super AMOLED screen on the Realme XT is one of the reasons I'm holding off buying a new phone for now, I want to see some Western reviews of that first.

Associate
I have a A2, which I'm really pleased with. The A3 is different, but not a massive upgrade. The 720 display (yes it's oled) is something I'm not sure about. There are some great deals on the A2 to be had.

Is there a chinese tablets thread? What is the half decent android 9.0+ tablet with a 1080p display. Doesn't need much storage (16gb is OK) and no 4g just wifi is also fine.

Thanks

Dave W

Associate
I'm sure it is. It just seems wrong going less than FHD in 2019! That said the screen on the A2 is not the best as it's fairly dark, I'm sure the OLED 720 screen is brighter and just as clear. It works for me as the A3 didn't exist when I bought my A2 (which replaced an A1). Bet the battery life is better on the A3 as well.

Dave

Associate

The mediatek p90, g90 and g90t doesn't look a bad chip. Just hardly any phones running them. I think the next redmi note series is running them.

Associate
The p90 is a 12nm chip so I don't know how efficient it is. My kirin 980 which is 7nm in my mate 20 Pro has been excellent. Never feels like it's getting hot and battery life is superb. I get 2 days out of it and I've had it since start of December.

Soldato
OP
Just pulled the trigger on a Mi 9t 128gb in red for £232. Looking forward to having a play with the camera. Very nearly went with the 9 Lite for £188 instead but, if I'm honest, just though the 9t looked cooler.

My current Honor 8x has been fine but it needs to go in for repair to the charger port soon so figured I'd just sell it when it comes back.

Last edited:

maj

maj

Soldato
Rumours that there is a Note 8T coming with a Snapdragon rather than Mediatek. Not sure I can wait that long and tempted to pay the difference and just go the Mi 9T as my Mi 5 is struggling to make ends meet these days.

@King4aDay where from? Closest I can find on eglobal is £250.

Back
Top Bottom