Watercooled Case Gallery

Associate
My-First-Custom-Loop.jpg

Well i bit the bullet and ordered the parts to build my new PC, and I must say great customer service from Overclockers.

Finished it, just need to install windows now, but really happy as it was my first build from start to finish and first time doing a custom loop.

Build:
  • Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic Midi-Tower - Black Window
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Eight Core 4.5GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail; -EK Water Blocks EK-Velocity RGB AMD CPU Water Block - Full Nickel
  • Asrock X570 Taichi (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 Chipset ATX Motherboard.
  • OcUK Tech Labs AMD ASUS Radeon RX 5700 XT Water Cooled Graphics Card; -EK Water Blocks EK-Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT RGB Graphics Card Water Block- Nickel + Acetal -EK Water Blocks EK-Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT Graphics Card Backplate - Nickel
  • Team Group Dark Pro "8Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-28800C16 3600MHz Dual
  • Corsair Force MP510 series 960GB NVMe PCIe M.2 Solid State Drive (CSSD-F960GBMP510)
  • EK Water Blocks EK-CoolStream PE 360 (Triple Fan) Radiator x2
  • XSPC RGB Series 800-2200RPM PWM 12V 4PIN Fan - 120mm - Triple Pack x3
  • EK Water Blocks EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM (incl.pump) - Glass
  • Seasonic Focus Plus 850W 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply
  • CableMod Classic ModMesh RT-Series Cable Kit ASUS ROG / Seasonic - Carbon

Last edited:
Associate
After a year of this

oE68sTel.jpg

decided to change to this...

iCM6vAPl.jpg

Too many changes recently with the setup to continue playing with hardline.
Now just have to figure out what's wrong with GPU temps:/

Soldato
After a year of this

oE68sTel.jpg

decided to change to this...

iCM6vAPl.jpg

Too many changes recently with the setup to continue playing with hardline.
Now just have to figure out what's wrong with GPU temps:/

Still looks great. I love soft tubing personally. Much easier to replace vs hardline and a little more forgiving. Cba with spending hours getting hardline runs how i want them anymore.

Whats wrong with the gpu?

Associate
Still looks great. I love soft tubing personally. Much easier to replace vs hardline and a little more forgiving. Cba with spending hours getting hardline runs how i want them anymore.

Whats wrong with the gpu?

Yeah soft tubing is soooo much easier and safer to me. I think the only option for leak is broken fitting, while with hard line, tube can be too short, not properly inserted, not tight enough, etc.

Just bought this GPU, it was "good" deal from OCUK (Aorus 2080S with phanteks block installed for 819£). When I start 3dmark temp jumps straight away 20C up, after 10s it's 30C above idle temps and stabilizes there (water temp is still 27C as there is no time to hheat it up). When I stop benchmark in an instant 30C drop.

Soldato

Yeah soft tubing is soooo much easier and safer to me. I think the only option for leak is broken fitting, while with hard line, tube can be too short, not properly inserted, not tight enough, etc.

Just bought this GPU, it was "good" deal from OCUK (Aorus 2080S with phanteks block installed for 819£). When I start 3dmark temp jumps straight away 20C up, after 10s it's 30C above idle temps and stabilizes there (water temp is still 27C as there is no time to hheat it up). When I stop benchmark in an instant 30C drop.

Only leak i've ever had was with hardline due to a bend being too tight causing excess pressure on a 45 degree fitting. I stick with flexi now just for me its much much easier to fit, safer and more forgiving.

Sounds like dodgy paste/poor die contact to me or poor flow if its jumping that much that quickly.

Think i normally see 5c jump from idle to full power on my gpu.

Associate
Picked up a Phanteks AM4 block for £20 from a certain retailer, used - like new, so had to dust my old pump and radiator out. Crammed into a Corsair Air 240. Rubbish phone pic
48684927897_491039918c_b.jpg

Bought some Mayhems soft tubing from here, but it is rubbish. It has developed a kink near the radiator, which I sorted, and now after a few days developed another kink near the pump, so the flow is a little restricted. I will fix it at the weekend.

Last edited:
Associate
The curves are probably too tight if no right angle connectors are being used.
The Radiator was not tight, it just developed. As for the pump, it maybe, but had been fine for a few days. I have ordered a new right angle fitting from OCUK anyhow.
Load temps are down 20 Celsius, Idle about 10. GPU load temps have also dropped a few degrees which is an added bonus.

Associate
Hope it works out. I tried some very tight bends myself (with different tubing mind). Some I couldn't do without the right angles, some I found if I gave the tubing a twist a certain direction it stopped it kinking by putting tension in the tube. A complete pain to actually do that though as you have to account for tightening the fittings down turning the tubing!

Back
Top Bottom