Car Paint Damage

Soldato
Hi all,

Looking for some advice. So while I was on holiday for 2 weeks some ****** decided to egg my car. naturally, we had the hottest day of the year so it is baked on real good.

There was egg pieces on my car, and definately has dried. Now, I have tried washing it, and using a bit of T-Cut to get rid of it, it will not budge at all.
The paint feels rough. I have been reading around and white vinegar apprently softens the dried yolk and enables you to get it off. I'm going to buy some later an use a rag and stick it to the car and let it soak.

The annoying thing is, i'm looking to sell my car soon and just hope it hasn't stripped the laquer off my car or something daft like that.

Picture below:

Now most of theyellow is gone after a wash, however, the roughness remains the same. Can't seem to get rid of it and it is a big eyesore! :mad:

What would you wise people of OCUK motors do to fix this, or at least try to?

Soldato
try what you've said already and see what it's like then.

Other option would be to get a professional detailer on the job, they'll be able to get rid of it and give the whole car a good once over too, it'll help the resale value ;)

Soldato
OP
try what you've said already and see what it's like then.

Other option would be to get a professional detailer on the job, they'll be able to get rid of it and give the whole car a good once over too, it'll help the resale value ;)

Sounds like a plan. I'll get some later and report back.

Assume you've tried a pressure washer?

I don't have a pressure washer sadly. Tough, from experience, no water seems to affect this stuff whatsoever.Though, I might try one at my local super market.

Have you tried Claying? I'd try that before any strong solvents, etc.

That might be a shout, claying removes roughness. Is there a kit you recommend at all?

Soldato
I would try a tar removal product, they are usually pretty good at shifting stuff. Something like Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover, or Tardis.
If not, then as above, a clay bar should hopefully shift it.

HOnestly you need to soak it off, same as dealing with a heavy bug splat issue, rehydration

Get a few old towels (or use kitchen towel if its not hot), soak them and place them over the egg and leave for 15 mins or so. Remove, wash area, repeat until its softened the egg by rehydration.
A little white vinegar may speed the process but you just need to get water into and under the egg basically.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
HOnestly you need to soak it off, same as dealing with a heavy bug splat issue, rehydration

Get a few old towels (or use kitchen towel if its not hot), soak them and place them over the egg and leave for 15 mins or so. Remove, wash area, repeat until its softened the egg by rehydration.
A little white vinegar may speed the process but you just need to get water into and under the egg basically.

This. It's just baked on and needs a good soak. You shouldn't need to "mechanically" remove it.

Associate
There is a 200 year old bridge in Iran made of bricks and as there was no cement for the mortar, the locals used eggs and sand and it is still standing fine!
What about warm water and something with protease enzymes in it such as biological laundry detergent or dissolved dishwasher tablets.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom