• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel 10th Gen Comet Lake thread

Soldato
By the time Intel release these Amd will have a 16 core and two 12 core chips available.

Not only that, Zen 3 will be out in 2020.

Intel trying to eke out higher clockspeed from what is ultimately Skylake architecture will fail. The cracks are clearly showing in 2019 and will be far worse in 2020.

Soldato
To be honest I couldn't care but some might.

I like to upgrade my mobo for new tech as I'm on a 2017 motherboard it's missing newer features that I'd like. Even if the next Intel 10 series desktop chips could run on my z370, I'd still upgrade to get those new features.

Associate
Still a pointless upgrade until they shrink the dies and include pcie4 or better still pcie 5 and DDR 5 support. 2021/2022 will be when it will be worth considering Intel as an option for upgrading.

Permabanned
Still a pointless upgrade until they shrink the dies and include pcie4 or better still pcie 5 and DDR 5 support. 2021/2022 will be when it will be worth considering Intel as an option for upgrading.

And this now appears to be pure trolling :D

They would offer 8-core for $339, and $389, down from the current $488.
Would give hyper-threading on the six-core i5. And would give a 10-core 65W for $409, and you call it pointless?!

I call the AMD Ryzen 3000 lineup a big bag of garbage, then!

TrM

TrM

Associate

I like to upgrade my mobo for new tech as I'm on a 2017 motherboard it's missing newer features that I'd like. Even if the next Intel 10 series desktop chips could run on my z370, I'd still upgrade to get those new features.

whilst i am the same i allways try to upgrade mobo and cpu at the same time. but i do feel it would be nice to be given the choice. With the state of things Take the i9 and new ryzens cpus.
until the 9th generation of cpu intel highest main stream offering was about 329.99 to 360 pounds But with 9th generation that changed the top mainstream chip sould of been around about 500 pounbds give or take(not talking about Over pricing from shops here But i think the i9 settled at 500 pounds) And the new amd top offering at 479.99.

wouldnt it be nice to do what quite a few amd people did and buy cpu then upgrade motherboard later on? on intel that next to imposible Really and with top main stream cpu's price now having a option of splitting the upgrade would be a good option to me at least.

Associate
And this now appears to be pure trolling :D

They would offer 8-core for $339, and $389, down from the current $488.
Would give hyper-threading on the six-core i5. And would give a 10-core 65W for $409, and you call it pointless?!

I call the AMD Ryzen 3000 lineup a big bag of garbage, then!

My point of view is lets have something new and not just a refresh.

Permabanned
My point of view is lets have something new and not just a refresh.

But PCIe 4.0 and DDR5 are technologies which we don't need. Reviewers don't even test the PCIe 4.0 compliant Radeon RX 5700 XT on a PCIe 4.0 but on the older PCIe 3.0 motherboards.

So, why all the efforts for something that doesn't give any benefit to anyone?

Associate

When I get a motherboard I tend to get a high end one that will last for years. I only upgraded before because my board died. I would have happily stayed on my ax370 board for my 3700x as it had most features I needed.

If and stuck with am4 for another 3 years (doubtful now obviously) I couldnt see me needing to upgrade the motherboard at all

Soldato

Like what? USB 3.0 and its variants aren't new, PCIe 4.0 and DDR5 are missing. What other features are you looking for?

Back
Top Bottom