Flight compensation - Anyone claimed?

Soldato
Tui, outbound delay was due to late arrival of previous flight, inbound was due to a damaged window on the plane flying from UK to Crete, which we would be flying back on.

I did argue the points with them, but after several weeks of emails I was getting nowhere.
Haven't flown with Tui since, so there loss.

Neither of those events are extraordinary circumstances. You should contact a solicitor to fight that for you as that excuse is generic and expected as part of the process. They expect you to say "oh ok then" and not pursue it.

Soldato
Meal looks good. I would be grateful that they catered for my wife's lifestyle choices, or alternatively would have bought something at the airport beforehand. I'm not a big fan of airline food on the whole so do this often anyway.

Caporegime
OP
Meal looks good. I would be grateful that they catered for my wife's lifestyle choices, or alternatively would have bought something at the airport beforehand. I'm not a big fan of airline food on the whole so do this often anyway.

It's not a "lifestyle choice". She's intolerant to lactose so she orders vegan food on the plane to guarantee no dairy.

The alternative is diarrhoea at 37,000 feet for 10 hours, which isn't much fun.

Soldato
Ryanair delayed a flight back from Portugal for nearly 6 hours, got compensated over £100 plus cost of flight.

Wasn't an enjoyable 6 hours, though did get to watch a footy game whilst waiting.

They got in touch themselves letting us know what we'd need to do to claim.

Soldato

Agree with this- they’ve provided a Vegan meal, which actually looks quite substantial. If you’re a fussy eater, then pack your own food.

Soldato
Anyway, the compensation isn't about the meal - that was just an aside about how rubbish BA have become.

The compensation is for the cancellation/delays.
They've improved the process quite a lot recently:
https://www.independent.co.uk/trave...ers-rights-cancellations-delays-a8872861.html

As you say though, BA have been going through some issues recently, so probably quite hard to gauge right now even compared to people who have been given refunds in the past.

Associate
All you need is a well written letter from yourself quoting EU Regulation 261/2004 with the facts. Include dates, times, any staff you spoke to, what they said, photo evidence if possible.

It doesn't hurt to do a bit of research into flight delays and compensation so you know what you are talking about in the letter.

Last year we were delayed by 30 hours after our flight was cancelled and then flew to Newcastle instead of Manchester, we received the full compensation as required under EU Law but did not receive the full amount that Thomas Cook falsely claimed we would get whilst we were abroad in the airport.

BA will do whatever they can to worm their way out, so just make sure you write down the facts in a clear way.

Man of Honour
I had to claim for a 6 hour delay recently with easyjet. I submitted the form on their website, got an auto response immediately advising they would investigate, then literally five minutes later confirmation that they would pay compensation. I received the money roughly a week later.

Back
Top Bottom