Notting Hill Carnival

Caporegime
Leeds festival 2018. 50 people arrested, 34 drug related the rest made up of sexual assault up to rape and drunken disorder. 2019 1 person dies at Leeds, 1 at Reading, currently being investigated but signs point to drugs. 1 person died at creamfields, again drugs.

350 arrests at the Notting Hill carnival 2019, 1 mil people attended compared to 75k ish at the above festivals.

Id say my comparison was very valid. These crimes shouldnt happen at any festival but lets not make out like other festivals are fine and dandy.

How many people have been murdered at the leeds festival?

Soldato
Briefly watching a bit of those videos on silent whilst I have my breakfast, rather reminds me of when Mrs Miggins' miniature poodle gets a bit over excited and starts humping the gardener's leg.

Been once, never again.

Soldato
Even my black mates avoid this festival, they know full well that it's become a hotspot for trouble and they know personally of gangs that travel to this place for the sole purpose of robbing.

Soldato
Im probably being a bit naive here but.... is the notting hill carnival a jamaican thing? is it just for black people?

genuinely clueless :confused:

Originally is a jamaican thing and mainly still is but its also multicultural now.

Plenty of white girls who want to be black with their ghetto booty (really a fat arse in disguise) trying to do the "dutty wine"

Soldato
Im probably being a bit naive here but.... is the notting hill carnival a jamaican thing? is it just for black people?

genuinely clueless :confused:

Carnivals are for everyone. A saying in Jamaica is it is the place of "Out of many, One people". So no. It's not just for black people, it's for everyone to get involved with. Of course it will have a Jamaican (or rather Caribbean theme as Soca music which is what you'd most likely hear is from Trinidad and Tobago) themes but it's not just for black people.

Caporegime
It's good that the police are taking part and maintaining their already sky high respectability by celebrating what appears to be lewd sexual behaviour in public, if I did the stuff the guy in the second video got up to towards a female officer I'd be facing sexual harassment charges. This seems like a good example of left wing racism where they hold people of other cultures to lower standards.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It's good that the police are taking part and maintaining their already sky high respectability by celebrating what appears to be lewd sexual behaviour in public, if I did the stuff the guy in the second video got up to towards a female officer I'd be facing sexual harassment charges. This seems like a good example of left wing racism where they hold people of other cultures to lower standards.

Yep, how the dude wasn't arrested is beyond me. But we know why.... cause soon as they arrest him crowds kick off and call police racist. Welcome to 2019.

Associate
Notting Hill Carnival is a fantastic free event for all ages and races. As with all events there will be a few that cause disruption but these days you have to be quite unlucky to come across anything negative. It's mostly music, dancing, food, smiles, and luckily this year sunshine! I hope that it continues in the same format for many years to come.

Some nice pictures on the Independent and Evening Standard websites.

Back
Top Bottom