PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Associate
USA people? I play on EU servers. As for the ping, I think the biggest problem is when you have a "data surge" like two people auto firing at one another and the data rate goes up, 3G cell isn't able to handle that as well (fluctuates) as a real land line internet. Another person brought up that they play with someone else on cell internet and they appear to skip or freeze on other players screens. I guess that could also make it easier to be hit by head-shots, even though on my screen I am constantly moving.

Caporegime
its not bad at all. upto 150 is okay. you dont even need to leed shots much. after 150-200 then yes you will probably have to lead your shots. i guess it comes down to if you used to playing normally with lower ping all the time. the thing is you always play with that connection so you should be used to where and when to shoot. try and avoid scenarios where it will be at your disadvantage.

people will come up with any excuse. dont be one of those. you will only get worse. see it since the birth of video games. every other thing is broke or wrong but the actual user.:D

the thing is once you blame this that it grows becomes like a disease. seen very good players become garbage cause they just blame everything. focus on just playing better.

Associate
Came across my first blatant cheater yesterday. EU FPP squads. I've never seen aimlock like it. Locked straight onto my teammates through 2 walls and fired thinking they were on him and then me behind a tractor. His stats read pretty impressive also.

Associate
its not bad at all. upto 150 is okay. you dont even need to leed shots much. after 150-200 then yes you will probably have to lead your shots. i guess it comes down to if you used to playing normally with lower ping all the time. the thing is you always play with that connection so you should be used to where and when to shoot. try and avoid scenarios where it will be at your disadvantage.

people will come up with any excuse. dont be one of those. you will only get worse. see it since the birth of video games. every other thing is broke or wrong but the actual user.:D

the thing is once you blame this that it grows becomes like a disease. seen very good players become garbage cause they just blame everything. focus on just playing better.

Still doesn't remove the fact that you WILL be at a disadvantage playing with an unsteady 120 ping versus someone with a steady 30 ping. Simple physics. No matter how much you practice.

Not an excuse... just trying to figure out the mechanics behind always getting head-shot long distance whilst moving/dodging. Even having a 11% win rate on EU Solo FPP on a crappy 3G cell connection it gets frustrating knowing quite a few encounters went south because of the connection. When I had a land-line I would go 20-25% Solo FPP win rate.

Caporegime
realistically you are playing public standard games. not highend at a medium to low end. so unless you run into better players you arent that disadvantaged. as the players who will kill you will probably do it through being better most of the time.

headshot long distance is basically just picking the right scope for the right gun.learning your distances. x4 on a kar98 is probably the easiest. its just cross on head shoot at upto 200m. m24 you want a x3 on it for the same. x4 you will have to shoot slightly lower. ping wont make that much difference.

you can by playing better more than match worse players with a better connection. you wouldnt go 25 win rate on your best day.lets not get carried away.even with a zero ping.

Soldato
This last patch has broken the game for me, I'm now getting frequent frame rate drops that are pretty debilitating. Hopefully the next patch fixes things.

Had an abysmal day on PUBG today, had a marathon session of just zero kills.

Soldato
Still doesn't remove the fact that you WILL be at a disadvantage playing with an unsteady 120 ping versus someone with a steady 30 ping. Simple physics. No matter how much you practice.

I remember when broadband 1st came out (Quake Arena Star trek Elite force was my game of choice back then) and sadly, I was not in an area that got it. Suddenly people who I owned every day were at a massive advantage, it did my head in.... I gave up online gaming for about 6 years because of that! The worse part is I did not have great ping to begin with, so while I could play well enough to handle folk before....being doubly disadvantaged was just too much.

Anyway. While yes 120 vs 30 is a pain, it could be a lot worse and is doable. If it was not, there would have been no Russian players who have had similar and still come out on top, you know?

Vega, happiness is an internal process; You have to accept that you play on mobile connection a lot. I know it can be annoying... but man, be thankful you even have the opion of being able to join in, and do pretty well to boot!

Soldato
Yeah definitely caused some issues. Had to drop graphics to medium to maintain frame rate. Have always been able to run on ultra with max FPS.

It could be the patch or it could be the Nvidia drivers - I think there was an update recently and an even newer one since everything started getting a bit shakey. Will try again tonight and the latest drivers to see if its improved.

I dropped the in game settings, but it didn't make a difference, I still get the drops. And ordinarily I game at around 90-110 fps, so I've got plenty of headroom.

Others I play with are getting sound issues too in that they are no longer hearing footsteps. Something has gone a bit awry recently.

Associate
Got the notification last night upon logging onto the game that the aimlock dude I came up against/reported on Sunday has received a permanent ban. Though, I expect (like many) they'll just start a new account and repeat.

Soldato
I may have misunderstood this, but is the cheaters just getting new accounts still a thing?

I thought in the early days the whole purpose was because they would cheat to unlock battlepoints and crates and then sell the crates on steam (when they weren't worth the 1 p that they are worth now!). Make enough money back from the game and then some before being banned, then start a new account and repeat.

With the price of crates being so low and the chances of getting something worthy in a crate being so small, surely there is no longer any incentive for this anymore? Therefore cheating in PUBG is purely for the sake of cheating?

Or have I missed something here?

Caporegime
a lot are stolen accouts or the game is just really cheap or...internet cafes. the really sad thing is if they ping locked euro servers most of the cheaters would be gone cause 95 percent of them are from ASIA. even that comes from battle eye.

Soldato
Ok after playing two days now after a month break, they definitely screwed up something with the movement. If I graze a wall, or try and run across some sloped/uneven terrain (rocks), there is some sort of banding/sticking/warping going on that is extremely frustrating. Getting stuck on a 5 centimeter rock lip or touching the corner of a wall and warping back 3 feet is ridiculous. And nothing has changed with my internet connection.

They also nurf max throw-able range? Seems shorter now.

Been seeing this "sticking" recently. Actually saw it the day you originally posted his message but ignored it. The character just seems to stop mid stride as if glued in position. Can still look around but not move forward. Jumping forward doesn't help but moving sideways seems to sort it. Not a once only thing either.

Back
Top Bottom