Gears 5 - out now

Caporegime
ZQS6VWl.jpg

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1097840/Gears_5/

So, are we PC people going to put our mouths where our money is and support Microsoft by buying this game on Steam? Or cheat a little and get it on Game Pass?

I’d like this game to sell bucketloads on Steam to show Phil Spencer made the right choice but I think it’s the wrong game. Everyone is waiting for Halo Reach.

I used to love the Horde mode in Gears of War 3 so I'm really interested. Problem is MS made it so easy to play for £3 on Game Pass that I feel at this point in time it's not worth purchasing on Steam - will wait for Steam sale price to be <£20.

Campaign

Horde

New Escape mode

Should run very nicely on PC as they are touting all modes run at 4K60 on Xbox One X.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The problem I have is I don't think they deserve a PC purchase till they release the full thing on PC

The remaster of gears of war 1 only was a joke considering that Sony were smashing out trilogy remasters like uncharted at the same time.

Man of Honour
So, are we PC people going to put our mouths where our money is and support Microsoft by buying this game on Steam? Or cheat a little and get it on Game Pass?

I’d like this game to sell bucketloads on Steam to show Phil Spencer made the right choice but I think it’s the wrong game. Everyone is waiting for Halo Reach.

I'll use the MS Gamepass to get Gears 5 for next to nothing.

Soldato
I loved gears 1 - 3.... Thought 4 was pretty good once you got past the robots (no escaping them from horde however) and will pick up 5 at some point - though not at launch, i have too much other stuff to play. I was miffed MS never bothered to put HDR support into the PC version. Making the XB1 X version the definitive one by holding back the PC version is a dick move imo.

AS for rewarding them for putting it on steam.... Personally I will buy it when it hits a price I am happy with and have no loyalty to lining the pockets of 1 multi billion $ company over another. IF they launched a version on GOG DRM free then i would applaud them, but all the rest are much of a muchness to me and I will buy where the price is right

Mind you i have not really enjoyed the standard vs games on gears (or any game really) since gears 2, so that removes a large part of the content for me hence my value is different to other peoples i guess.

I am a bit dissapointed beast mode has not made a comeback.

Caporegime
Gears 5 Is Locked & Loaded with AMD Technology Features

With Gears 5 launching on September 10, we wanted to share the latest update to highlight the incredible visual fidelity and performance, and AMD is sponsoring the title as it seems.

The Coalition worked closely with AMD throughout the development of Gears 5 to give gamers the best possible experience. Gears 5 is optimized for DX 12 and Radeon graphics cards, including the ones based on the new AMD RDNA gaming architecture, to deliver breathtaking visuals, amazing performance, and exciting Radeon features, including:

• Asynchronous Compute – Allows Radeon GPUs to execute multiple tasks at the same time. This GPU multi-threading capability enables efficient graphics and visual effects workload distribution, resulting in higher framerates.
  • Multithreaded Command Buffering – Ensures instructions from an AMD Ryzen processor reach the Radeon graphics card faster for higher performance, better graphics and reduced latency.
  • AMD FidelityFX (coming soon) – In a post-launch update, Gears 5 will add support for AMD FidelityFX, which offers a dynamic sharpening filter that draws out detail in low-contrast areas for a sharper gaming experience. It delivers improvement in image clarity, counteracting the softening caused by other post-process effects.
With Radeon graphics cards, Gears 5 gamers can also take advantage of Radeon FreeSync, the most popular adaptive sync display technology with over 750 supported monitors tested and certified to deliver fluid, tear- and artifact-free gaming.

In addition, for a limited time, gamers that purchase qualifying AMD Ryzen processors and Radeon graphics cards will get 3 months of complimentary access to Xbox Game Pass for PC, allowing them to play Gears 5 at launch along with more than 100 other high-quality PC games. Learn more here.

According to Mike Rayner, technical director, The Coalition, “AMD and The Coalition have a strong relationship going back to Gears of War 4 and we continue to incorporate new technologies to help us improve game performance. We have moved nearly all of our post processing shaders to Async Compute in Gears 5, which means improved frame rates from our previous titles, plus more room to pack in even more graphical quality. AMD engineers worked with us to optimize everything from the CPU to the GPU and we’re really eager to get all of this awesome performance and great visuals into fans’ hands.”

6d93b7d3-375e-466d-8b5f-d6965dfdcf91.jpg

https://www.guru3d.com/news_story/gears_5_is_locked_loaded_with_amd_technology_features.html

Associate
Played G1 long ago when steam is not yet popular
It was a good third person shooter then never touch the Gears series anymore coz they never come to PC
G4 & G5 got a new developer, The Coalition, instead of Epic Games
hope G5 is good on steam

btw, its funny to see Epic dont get to develop the new G5 when they can totally go for exclusive, if M$ allows lol

Soldato
I just grabbed 2 months ultimate pass for £2 so should be getting this on the early release date, meanwhile I have just been playing crackdown 3 and dead rising 4 that come free on the pass.

Really not sure about this one. Think it'll be a wait till it's in on for dead cheap

You can get it for £1 a month and that includes loads of other games.

Can't see it going much cheaper.

Soldato
I just grabbed 2 months ultimate pass for £2 so should be getting this on the early release date, meanwhile I have just been playing crackdown 3 and dead rising 4 that come free on the pass.

You can get it for £1 a month and that includes loads of other games.

Can't see it going much cheaper.
Where did you find it for £2 mate? Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom