• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
Lol I don't know what to say to that post. They wonder why the phrase ********* was coined. As you basic stuff to test and see what the issue is. People further just how complex a PC is with huge number of combinations of hardware and software to cater for.

Buying AMD ASUS was a schoolboy error though :p

I wasn't even trying to be rude. Is the cooler making contact with the chip, what are the temps like, do the fans spin up, is it glitching, what are core speeds like in wattman etc. Soooo many things that could have helped in diagnosis, but no.. I will just call a product garbage right out the gate. As my father used to say about me, you (me) didn't put your brain in gear.

I had a customer bad mouthing us for a login issue for days. Turned out, they set up their email address wrong and were also copying and pasting their password incorrectly. (I am lead dev .. hence why I got involved)

Last edited:
Soldato
I wasn't even trying to be rude. Is the cooler making contact with the chip, what are the temps like, do the fans spin up, is it glitching, what are core speeds like in wattman etc. Soooo many things that could have helped in diagnosis, but no.. I will just call a product garbage right out the gate. As my father used to say about me, you (me) didn't put your brain in gear.

I had a customer bad mouthing us for a login issue for days. Turned out, they set up their email address wrong and were also copying and pasting their password incorrectly. (I am lead dev .. hence why I got involved)

Can believe they star out frozen precipitation, the irony! I know what you mean we get customers trying to log in to another companies website. Can't type passwords, don't know what a browser is, look for uppercase numbers, don't know what an exclamation mark is, use every browser except the one they are instructed is compatible. It just goes on and they try to complain :p

Can believe they star out frozen precipitation, the irony! I know what you mean we get customers trying to log in to another companies website. Can't type passwords, don't know what a browser is, look for uppercase numbers, don't know what an exclamation mark is, use every browser except the one they are instructed is compatible. It just goes on and they try to complain :p
The people least suited to doing things on the Internet are always the ones that insist on doing it on the Internet, and always the ones that insist they don't need help when they clearly do. They conflate knowing what they want with knowing how to do/get it.

Associate
Okay had a strange acoustic issue with my power supply unit or Red Devil 5700xt. After high load gaming, when it gets above 70C, there is a pulsing noise (could be coil whine?), but I suppressed the sound almost completely by turning on the hybrid mode of my power supply unit (Seasonic Focus).

EDIT: I looked it up and the button turns on the silent/cooling mode on the PSU which means the fans spin at all times. maybe the PSU was just under heavy load, and needed the fan on completely

https://seasonic.com/focus-plus-gold#

Last edited:
Associate
I've sold my RTX2060 and pre-ordered the 5700XT Red Devil but it's Powercolor that concerns me. Their website has been down for several days now, they are not responding to email nor are they responding on Facebook. With little knowledge about them other than reading reviews for this new card are they otherwise reliable? I've just been reading a few horror stories regarding their RMA procedure!!

Last edited:
Soldato
I think I might have just had a bump on the head.

Pulled the trigger on a 5700 XT. Reference design, but I got it for £335! eBay 10% off promo, last one left.

IIRC, the most I've spent on a GPU before is £180.

Associate
ordered a powercolor red devil today as my rx580 has given up the ghost. only pulling 100w when gaming for some reason. Should arrive tomorrow and I can finally build in my p600s.

Permabanned
I've sold my RTX2060 and pre-ordered the 5700XT Red Devil but it's Powercolor that concerns me. Their website has been down for several days now, they are not responding to email nor are they responding on Facebook. With little knowledge about them other than reading reviews for this new card are they otherwise reliable? I've just been reading a few horror stories regarding their RMA procedure!!
I hope Powercolor's website is hosted on the cheap and they have used all the bandwidth due to the hyped Red Devil. I really hope they never sent out bunk cards with a short lifespan and have closed shop to get away with refunds. Wouldn't that suck.

Soldato
Powercolor is a brand for TUL corp who are huge there not going away anytime soon. As for the warranty OCUK are your friends in that regard. If you do have go through Powercolor then it's going to take around 30 days from when you receive your RMA number.

Soldato
I hope Powercolor's website is hosted on the cheap and they have used all the bandwidth due to the hyped Red Devil. I really hope they never sent out bunk cards with a short lifespan and have closed shop to get away with refunds. Wouldn't that suck.

Powercolor uses Amazon's CloudFront for hosting, and Amazon has reported issues tonight with many AWS services.

Even this very forum is slow and unresponsive tonight.

Last edited:
Associate

Thanks for the link, I can see:

Audio for clips captured by Radeon ReLive may be corrupted or garbled when desktop recording is enabled.

However, having tried to fix this, my option to record clips is removed completely when I disable desktop recording. I press control and S and nothing happens at all, then I enable desktop recording and the recordings begin in game again but also with the sound problem.

Caporegime
Thanks for the link, I can see:

However, having tried to fix this, my option to record clips is removed completely when I disable desktop recording. I press control and S and nothing happens at all, then I enable desktop recording and the recordings begin in game again but also with the sound problem.
Record desktop should only be needed in games running in borderless or windowed mode, and when recording OpenGL games, and when streaming in any scenario afaik.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
Got the notification that my Powercolor Red Dragon 5700 XT shipped this afternoon, should arrive tomorrow - very excited! Will be sure to post pictures when it arrives :D

Associate
@Kaapstad red devil 5700xt

might put it vertically but currently standard orientation.

p5pb17706988.jpg

Associate
Got the notification that my Powercolor Red Dragon 5700 XT shipped this afternoon, should arrive tomorrow - very excited! Will be sure to post pictures when it arrives :D

I was keen on buying the Red Devil but the ETA kept slipping and I bought the Sapphire Pulse instead as patience is not one of my virtues I'm afraid. Very happy with the Sapphire card as my Fury Pro Tri-X and Vega 64 reference cards were also from Sapphire and they both served me very well with no issues at all.

All the AIB cards are within a few % of the reference card but obviously are much better on thermals and cooling. Even under heavy load I can't hear the fans which is a great relief from my Vega 64 which was more noticeable but after under volting was at least acceptable.

Currently running the Pulse card at stock until I can find a post with good under volting advice for 5700XT. Happy with it at stock TBH as it's faster than my Vega 64.

Back
Top Bottom