New keyboard with screen?

I am still using my trusty G15 but occasionally the backlight will blink so I am get suspicious its on its way out

I have been using this for probably 10 years now and an super used to having the screen
For some games i use the clock so I keep an eye on the time, other times I have CPU/GPU/memory usage so i can glace if anything appears sluggish etc

As such I have been looking for a replacement of similar functionality

Are these mini screens completely out of fashion now as i only seem to be able to find a couple of alternatives which seem to be really really expensive compared to similar without the screen

Any options or am I really going to have to make the choice of paying silly money or ditching the screen?

Have you considered mounting a small monitor on/in your pc case?

below is a reddit link where someone outlines how they did it
https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6gpo43/how_to_add_a_5_hardware_monitor_to_your_pc_for/

I have a similar setup and use a desktop customisation tool called rainmeter to show a large clock and system info

Thanks for the idea, I looked at some small ones that were USb seemed silly prices for what they were. i will look at this option, sounds ideal, could mount it just below my main monitor which is about to become wall mounted, so very easy to combine a small bracket to show it below, would work perfectly! :)

Have you considered mounting a small monitor on/in your pc case?

below is a reddit link where someone outlines how they did it
https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6gpo43/how_to_add_a_5_hardware_monitor_to_your_pc_for/

I have a similar setup and use a desktop customisation tool called rainmeter to show a large clock and system info

It arrived yesterday, power lead is a bit short so need to plug the USB into my monitor to test that, or get a USB extender. Otherwise other than not being able to adjust the brightness its going to work well
Installed rainmeter, found one that gave me all I was after, downloaded updated HWinfo and linked the sensors that arent linked by default.
Ive got all I wanted there now, CPU (by core), GPU core, heat, fan speed etc, clock, C drive (not added the others yet), network rate etc.

Really really all the performance stat data.

I just need to work out if its possible to get a different background on that (its replicating across all 4 screens) so I can put something darker there due to the brightness.

Otherwise its perfect so a really big thanks from me for the idea :)

s k

s k

Associate
It arrived yesterday, power lead is a bit short so need to plug the USB into my monitor to test that, or get a USB extender. Otherwise other than not being able to adjust the brightness its going to work well
Installed rainmeter, found one that gave me all I was after, downloaded updated HWinfo and linked the sensors that arent linked by default.
Ive got all I wanted there now, CPU (by core), GPU core, heat, fan speed etc, clock, C drive (not added the others yet), network rate etc.

Really really all the performance stat data.

I just need to work out if its possible to get a different background on that (its replicating across all 4 screens) so I can put something darker there due to the brightness.

Otherwise its perfect so a really big thanks from me for the idea :)

I'm glad to hear it's working out for you :)

Back
Top Bottom