The new Insignia - it's terrible.

Soldato
Having driven several Vauxhall's over the decades I've no idea how they're still in business honestly :p

Especially given the amount of competition from Ford and other budget brands in the market.

Soldato
Fixed that for you. Vauxhalls, like others have said, have done nothing for me at all over the years. Yeah, the new one looks OK, but just turns out to be dull. The astras and corsas just reek of cheap-ness as soon as you actually touch something inside or look closer.

A comparable Ford just feels and drives so much better imho.

A rather pointless musing;

I inherited a mk1 Insignia last year, I thought just possibly that it might be a good car for hammering for a while on my 135 mile round trip commute.

How wrong i was, what an absolutely hateful car which lasted no time in my ownership. It was just a really badly designed car. The dash ergonomics horrible, terrible build quality not at all on a par with older vauxhalls which i have had, tiny wingmirrors and all round bad visibility, horrible dashboard design with very awkward OBC, the list of bad design on that thing was endless.

I have had 2 Vectra C, and an Omega mk1, all of which i thought were genuinely fairly good for what they were, which left me so surprised that the Insignia was quite so bad. I do wonder if the mk2 is any better, it'd need to be on a different page to be worthy of consideration if actually spending any money on it.

I completely agree with both posters.

The mk2 Insignia is better than the mk1 but it's still not as good as it is made out to be by the press. It's still hampered by bad ergonomics and visiblity that really should be better. CarPlay was very useful in the last one I hired though :)

Associate
I've had mine for 4 months now and think it's great :D Maybe I'm easily pleased but I came from a ford focus and wanted something a bit bigger so I could get all my work stuff in the boot without the seats down. I tend to do 2 or 3 long commutes (100+ miles each way) a week and I find it much more pleasant place to spend 2 hours on the motorway, I get way better fuel economy than my focus too.

Suppose it's not the most exciting car but I find it very practical, like the way it looks and got a decent price when I bought it so I'm happy.

In saying that it's going back to Vauxhall next week for some warranty work :p

NVP

NVP

Soldato
For the same money, what else is there that offers the same? Quality is improved. Engines have improved. No idea about sportiness but sporty drivers go elsewhere anyway.

Edit: Scratch that. Superb, Mondeo, Passat... :o

Last edited:
Soldato
On the subject of Vauxhall....

Had a Mokka X as a hire car for 2 days.
I hated it when saw it, hated sitting in it, hated driving it and pretty much abandoned it when I took it back just to get away from it.

Its an SUV. Not sure in any of that, the was certainly no S, limited U and was a borderline V.
I can't imagine anyone hating themselves enough to actually buy one.

Hopefully they won't last much longer.

Back
Top Bottom