Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Associate
probably would have made more sense if they had gone for Taycan, Taycan S and Taycan GTS. I guess they are trying to point out that these taycan turbo models are just so fast/expensive they should be up at the turbo end of things. Wonder if they will do a GT3 Taycan lol. Whilst were on inconsitencies, all 911 models are now turbo charged but you still have the turbo models :)

Im sure they are going to capable, but they leave me cold just like every other EV. Beyond a point, who really cares how fast they accelerate? 3.8, 3.4, 3.2 whatever, it doesnt really matter. The problem is they all look like jelly moulds, none of them have any soul and everyone compares them on range etc. Its supposed to be a sports car not some white goods from currys; theres plenty better ways to make comparisons but they dont rely on numbers - hows it make you feel?

Soldato
The Taycan, Taycan S and probably GTS will be coming later. These are the upper two models which have always been designated as Turbo and Turbo S in Porsche history. It may not be “accurate” but it’s a well known historical hierarchy for them.

Soldato
So your argument about porsche naming being inconsistent is to point to another inconsistently named Porsche? I'm not sure you get this game!

I’m not sure I’m bothered but does amuse me people are talking more about the name than much else. It’s simply showroom familiarity with trim levels. I do get the game and I think you missed the point I was making!!

Soldato
Looks like the Tycan ruffled interest :D

48686279023_09ceb32c52_n.jpg

Associate
It looks great, finally a manufacturer releases a car to compete against Tesla. This video is one of the better comparisons between the Tesla and Tycan.

Thanks will have a look later. From other videos I’ve seen it looks impressive. I’m tempted but think I’ll jump into a model 3 for a few years (3 kids) and then get the next incarnation when the kids are a bit older and I rarely need to cart all 3 around.

Soldato
BRB, off to buy a Taycan rather than a Model S because it’s done a faster Nurburgring time... said no one ever.

Classic Elon Musk!

Tesla have nothing to lose here. It’s Porsche that name dropped the model S in order to promote the fact that the Taycan can lap consistently without any overheating.

Will be deeply embarrassing for Porsche if the (presumably Raven, maybe even a further facelifted version) of the model S hits a similar time.

Soldato
Have you see how poorly an I-pace compares on range and charging infrastructure to a model S...
Have you seen how poorly a Tesla Model S compares to an I Pace on material and build quality?

I agree that Tesla are doing a fine job with their infrastructure and whatnot, but they aren't the only factors considered when people choose cars.

Regardless, my point is that there are already competitors around, and viable ones at that, for Tesla.

Associate
I've been looking at an early 991 PDK for the last 3 months. ( I have had a nightmare getting rid of my current X6) I would say about 80% of the cars on sale are the same cars, The market is incredibly slow at the moment! I thought they would shift quickly being the last of the affordable (non GT) 911's. Looking at spending around 45k as soon as this X6 sells.

Someone will be getting a kick in the balls I suppose as the market is so slow.

Soldato
Someone will be getting a kick in the balls I suppose as the market is so slow.
It might be you with the X6 if you're not careful :p

I assume it's diesel? My father had serious trouble shifting a 2011 Range Rover TDV8 a couple of years ago, even when priced really low there were just no takers. 4.4L diesel V8s are becoming a thing of the past unfortunately, he sold it to the dealer he bought it from in the end for a reletively pathetic sum. Hopefull you have better luck with you sale :)

Associate
It might be you with the X6 if you're not careful :p

I assume it's diesel? My father had serious trouble shifting a 2011 Range Rover TDV8 a couple of years ago, even when priced really low there were just no takers. 4.4L diesel V8s are becoming a thing of the past unfortunately, he sold it to the dealer he bought it from in the end for a reletively pathetic sum. Hopefull you have better luck with you sale :)

Yes it’s a Diesel under a year old. Trust me it’s going to be a massive kick in the balls when I sell it :eek:

Ball kicks all round then!

Back
Top Bottom