Can you please put that BBQ out, I'M VEGAN!

Soldato
This reminds me of my utter ******* of a neighbour, every time we have a bbq can hear him complaining about it. Even his missus tells him to shut up shes so sick of hearing it.

My favourite one is him saying to his missus (wont come and say it to me) but making sure we can hear “its ok for them to have their bbq but it shouldn't effect anyone else should it” he then proceeds to stand in the garden smoking his cancer sticks that i can smell in our kitchen.

I dont even think hes vegan. Hes just an utter thunder c***
This would motivate me to have more bbqs.

Soldato
This reminds me of my utter ******* of a neighbour, every time we have a bbq can hear him complaining about it. Even his missus tells him to shut up shes so sick of hearing it.

My favourite one is him saying to his missus (wont come and say it to me) but making sure we can hear “its ok for them to have their bbq but it shouldn't effect anyone else should it” he then proceeds to stand in the garden smoking his cancer sticks that i can smell in our kitchen.

I dont even think hes vegan. Hes just an utter thunder ****
This would motivate me to have more bbqs.

Soldato
roastied dead animal carcus isnt the best smell in the world to us more evolved veggies ,and fish smell does hang around ,give it afew decades and you will all be put away for your carnivore sins :p
I think you’ll find our ancestors evolved from being primarily herbivores (bar maybe the occasional insect) into the omnivores we are now. So technically you’re devolving. In a few millenia you’ll be back to sucking the bark off of trees! :p

Soldato

I dont even think hes vegan. Hes just an utter thunder ****
And I bet you say to your missus, outside of his earshot, something along the lines of ‘if he said that to my ******* face i’d do - insert threat of choice’ :p Why not just have a word over the fence when you next hear his cowardly protestations and raise the point of his cigarette smoke when he inevitably tells you to **** off ;):p

Soldato
Depends how far back you go. Bacteria and sea creatures in the ancestral primordial soup weren't all herbivores.
well yes, it was meant as a joke but if want to be captain pedant then of course you are right. either way, veggies are on their way backwards rather than forwards, on the evolutionary scale. that's the important thing to take from my post (i'm joking - just to be clear :p)

Soldato
Having lived 19 years in several London locations and spent far too much time in Soho generally, I would still assert that it stinks to the point where fag smoke is comparatively unnoticable. It's bad enough having to work shifts in London, coming home to find a film of filth on exposed skin and blowing your nose to find all thsi black **** up there...

That's what happens if you choose to live above a kebab shop.

I've lived and worked in London for the best part of 10 years, and have never experienced any of issues that you describe.

Soldato
I wasn't aware I'd told you anything of the sort to begin with... That one is also on you.
Anyway, what's with this " 'ethnic' " approach? You hoping to play the racism card, or angling for a more grammatical assault?
What you did in your original post was to pick out 'ethnic cuisines' as worthy of 'gagging on' and stuck them next to 'filth' in a sentence. Is there a reason 'ethnic' cuisines smell worse to you than good Great British cuisine? I'm just curious why you called them out is all. And mentioned them in line with 'filth'. Because if you're not being mildly racist you should probably be a bit more careful how you construct your sentences. But I'm guessing you know exactly what you were doing.

NB:
You're in London, surrounded by all that filth and gagging on the smells of various 'ethnic cuisines'... but getting upset over a brief waft of fag smoke?

Soldato
And there's the problem - You're looking for hidden intent, guessing like you say, or simply just assuming....
Yawn. I'm not going to respond to each of your points because you're asking the same question in different words. I'm merely pointing out the fact you called out 'ethnic' cuisines for their smell and the manner of your post suggested this offended you. You still haven't explained why you called out 'ethnic cuisines' rather than just saying 'restaurants' or something. I wasn't looking for hidden intent, that's honestly the way I read your post. If you can't see that's how it reads then here I am as a public service telling you - that actually - it looks really rather dubious to word it like that.

Associate
I would do what most are saying here, get the bbq going as much as possible.... I may even go out to the local B&Q and buy a few large fans just to make sure the smell gets over the fence! You know, it gets really hot while BBQ'ing. Got to keep cool and all that! ;)

Soldato
@Scam - friendly bit of advice. let it go. it'll just prattle on for ever, that poster will never accept when they are wrong and you'll just go round and round in circles. use your time for something more constructive, like howling a the moon or sniffing bbq's :p

Back
Top Bottom