Microsoft Account

Associate
I have a MS account which I believe my laptop is already registered to. Because I wish to change hardware in the future, I now need to register my PC to a MS account in case I need to reinstall OS and activate it.
Do you have to have a separate account or you log on to your existing one and register a second machine. Can you read what product codes and digital licence (keys) are on there.
Is there another way to find what the digital licence is for a newly upgraded PC when it auto activated and the new product ID is different to the previous one I had for W&.

Associate
I've used the same email and MS account on 3 pc's, not had a problem. Not sure how MS handle it their end, but people these days have more than one PC, so it's inevitable that this will occur.

Associate
OP
OK so I can register the PC on the same account. I am concerned with the MS account as attempts have been made in the past (unsuccessfully) to log in. Because of that I always log out. My question therefor is, is there any reason why you cannot just register you machine and keep logged out permanently till you need reactivation or does having the MS account still pose any security issues.
I'm trying not to be paranoid but seeing the activity on the account in the past is worrying. It wasn't an issue on my laptop as I don't trade / bank online with it, but I do with the PC.

Back
Top Bottom