Mugabe dead

Permabanned
I wonder if Dr. Rowan Douglas Williams, Baron Williams of Oystermouth, PC, FBA, FRSL, FLSW is saying a prayer for him tonight.... ;) If he is he's showing great Christian tolerance given how Mugabe spoke of him <LOL> The biggest mistake Rhodesia made was letting the guy out of clink.

Soldato
Yep, people thought it would change when he was forced out. But it hasn't.

It's the same crap across most of Africa. Leader gets in and refuses to leave, every election is a civil war. The fact many of them still blame "the west" is ironic A.F. They are far more ruthless than the colonial powers ever were, so ruthless the colonial powers ******* left them to it 100 years ago and nothing has improved.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Despite @Diddums taking my quote completely out of context my main point in the previous Mugabe thread was that 'history would be kinder to him'... This has actually come true now as even on BBC wireless earlier today they were starting to talk about how the good things he has done would be tainted.

Caporegime
Despite @Diddums taking my quote completely out of context my main point in the previous Mugabe thread was that 'history would be kinder to him'... This has actually come true now as even on BBC wireless earlier today they were starting to talk about how the good things he has done would be tainted.
What good things?

I know he fought against a white government, and that means he gets a triple high score on the PC hall of fame, but seriously, what good things?

He single-handedly destroyed an entire country and ordered the massacres of thousands of people, including his political opponents.

Top bloke. But at least he wasn't white, and that must be applauded.

Man of Honour
But you know how enslavement works and a lot of African countries were undoubtedly exploited/manipulated. That was his biggest gripe and fueled his anger so again he's a product of western meddling/manipulation?

Yes, yes, and Hitler was France's fault. Or was he Britain's fault? Or the USA? Or all of them? Yes, that must be it. They're all fashionable scapegoats, so they must all be to blame for everything! Including the weather.

Am I doing it right? Oh no, wait, I didn't blame jews for everything. That's always fashionable in the blame game, isn't it?

Soldato
A bullet should have been blown though his head 20 years ago.
that would take someone with a hell of a set of lungs :p
I'd never be as vulgar as to celebrate the death of a person. However, I will go as far as to say the guy was a complete ************, who ****** **** in a time when ******** without any humanity. And who probably **** with a ******** at least twice nightly.
i really can't fathom those starred out words?!

Soldato

I look forward to your hot takes on what Stalin did to help modernise farming in the former USSR, what Mao did to bring China into the industrialised world, how Mussolini improved the punctuality of trains and that Hitler did wonders in expanding the motorway network work in Germany.

Caporegime
I'm not sure if Rubber duck has misheard.

Somebody within a BBC report stated that if he had simply been a one-two term president of Zimbabwe, back in the early 80's then his legacy would be more like that of Nelson Mandela's.

Because he stayed in power and became a dictator, his legacy is rightly seen as a terrible despot.

Edit - And yes I am aware that many of the usual folks can't get passed the fact that Mandela was once considered a terrorist, before we go down that rabbit hole.

Permabanned
I look forward to your hot takes on what Stalin did to help modernise farming in the former USSR, what Mao did to bring China into the industrialised world, how Mussolini improved the punctuality of trains and that Hitler did wonders in expanding the motorway network work in Germany.

Glad you brought up Mao. Another great example of western media painting someone who overall did a lot of good for China as an evil mass murderer.

Soldato

Yea well, Hitler also did some good things. We don't remember dictators for the few good things did.

Mugabe's government had civilians tortured and killed.

Last edited:
Caporegime

It's amusing reading your dumbass attempts to troll, keep trying buddy, one day you'll be funny, I promise <3

EDIT: Also, it wasn't out of context. Like most of your posts, the context was "imma try be funny LOL" - you failed then and you failed now. Bravo.

Soldato
Glad you brought up Mao. Another great example of western media painting someone who overall did a lot of good for China as an evil mass murderer.

The policies his party implemented literally killed tens of millions of people.....

Nearby South Korea modernised over a shorter timescale from being quite destitute after the Korean war to being a modern first world nations without murdering or starving a significant section of their populace.

Man of Honour
Yep, people thought it would change when he was forced out. But it hasn't.

It's the same crap across most of Africa. Leader gets in and refuses to leave, every election is a civil war. The fact many of them still blame "the west" is ironic A.F. They are far more ruthless than the colonial powers ever were, so ruthless the colonial powers ******* left them to it 100 years ago and nothing has improved.

Which former colony in Africa has been independent for 100 years? :D

I think the only one that comes close is Egypt and they’re doing well, Morocco is another that’s also in decent shape.

Colonialism is a lot more recent than you think.

As an ex Zimbabwean, I can say that I’m not terribly upset by this news :p

Zimbabwe to York is quite a culture shift!!

Soldato

Did you ever write material for Diane Abbot?

Back
Top Bottom