Poll: Italian Grand Prix 2019, Monza - Race 14/21

Rate the 2019 Italian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
As a Leclerc fan I'm not too pleased for him he had so much help from the stewards, driver of the day? no, Hamilton would have passed him if the stewards enforced the rules.

He probably wouldn't have stayed ahead though with the way his tires had degraded by the end

Soldato
As a Leclerc fan I'm not too pleased for him he had so much help from the stewards, driver of the day? no, Hamilton would have passed him if the stewards enforced the rules.

It was the chicane cutting for me. You can almost explain away the 'blocking' as taking your racing lines etc but cutting a chicane is cutting a chicane.

Caporegime
He probably wouldn't have stayed ahead though with the way his tires had degraded by the end

That may be so but the stewards influenced the race through decision making to keep him out in front, I'd rather see a driver win on merit not getting help.

Soldato
Can anyone realistically beat Hamiton to the championship now short of him or his car completely falling apart for the last 7 races?

I know mathematically it is of course still possible, but there doesn't seem to be anyone who could realistically do it.

He's 1/50 on to win it. That's saying he has over a 98% likelihood of winning it.

Soldato
I think Mercedes can afford to be magnanimous and not be seen to complain about such partisan stewards. So they get a few second/third places at their weakest tracks, and win everywhere else, and they've still bagged the championships. All while pretending it was a real battle they had to fight instead of a load of dodgy stewarding decisions.

Caporegime
Ahh, I was under the impression Hamilton closed the gap, if Leclerc did gain a time advantage then that's a different matter

Even if he didn't gain a time advantage after cutting if he had actually tried to take the chicane properly after his mistake he'd have lost loads of time and been heavily compromised down the next straight. The fact that he didn't really lose much time by cutting is the advantage.

Back
Top Bottom