Poll: Italian Grand Prix 2019, Monza - Race 14/21

Rate the 2019 Italian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Even if he didn't gain a time advantage after cutting if he had actually tried to take the chicane properly after his mistake he'd have lost loads of time and been heavily compromised down the next straight. The fact that he didn't really lose much time by cutting is the advantage.

True, it's a judgement call on that one and for sure, the stewards were on Leclers side today :p

Soldato
Emjoy your own mental breakdown in the last races which are not Ferrari circuits :D

Nothing to have a breakdown about, Mercedes were always favourites early on from the season, they will steam roll the rest of the season but hey at least last few races have been entertaining.

Associate
I'm a Lewis fan. Well, I like his driving but not him so much recently. Fair win IMO, let them race. I would think Lewis would have done similar moves had he been in first.

It's great that teams are catching up with Mercedes! Next year should be brilliant.

I really don't think Mercedes are being caught up to at all. Ferrari have a huge pace advantage on long straights (we have just had the "straightest" track on the calendar.) I think the Red Bulls are quicker than Ferrari but, are still down on power. The Mercedes is pretty much perfect.

Soldato
Mercedes were always favourites early on from the season...
Uhhhh re-writing history already? Ferrari were MASSIVE favourites after winter testing, but yet again only start to get any results when it's too late in to the season. People moan at the FIA about Mercedes being too dominant. I'd moan at Ferrari for being too incompetent to offer a decent challenge most weekends.

Last edited:
Associate
Uhhhh re-writing history already? Ferrari were MASSIVE favourites after winter testing, but yet again only start to get any results when it's too late in to the season. People moan at the FIA about Mercedes being too dominant. I'd moan at Ferrari for being too incompetent to offer a decent challenge most weekends.

I think that's what he means, especially as Mercedes took all those 1-2s.

Man of Honour
Nothing to have a breakdown about, Mercedes were always favourites early on from the season, they will steam roll the rest of the season but hey at least last few races have been entertaining.

Really?

Given that Mercedes struggled in testing, admitting they were not fast enough. Ending up behind Ferrari and Red Bull. No complaints about the tyres at that point either...

Mercedes win... surprisingly. Then win some more through being reliable when Ferrari make an arse of it...

But the tyres are unfair.... Waaaaaaaah!

I notice that complaint has vanished again as well. :D

Man of Honour
Vettel also received 3 points on his super licence for his collision with Stroll.

That puts him on 9, just 3 from a race ban.

Stroll was given 2 points for his iffy re-entry.

Soldato
It’s over for Seb, don’t know if he realises it or not yet but he’s finished. If Ferrari ever get a title winning car again he won’t see Leclerc for dust.

Either he finishes his career as a rear gunner or gambles moving to a new team for 2021 in the hope of being in the right seat.

Soldato
FIA steward on Sky telling how the teams have asked for them to let them race more, and use black and white flags instead of just penalty all the time. So looks like they are just doing what the teams asked (unless it happens to Lewis I guess).

Soldato
Lesson learnt for Lewis going by this fia guy on sky f1, don’t get out of the way! Apparently leclerc would have got a time penalty if there had been contact.

So Lewis got penalised for avoiding contact and running off the track :confused:

Soldato
Sky interviewing Ferrari CEO.

"I don't like people writing off Seb"
But he's doing such a good job of doing it himself.

I wouldn't be hugely surprised if he did a Rosberg and called it a day early to be honest. He's getting older in driver terms, he doesn't really have anything to prove, he's set for life money wise, he's got his young family he could be spending time with etc etc. I just don't think he has the hunger for it that his younger self probably did and once you lose the hunger its not so easy to regain. Although its a lot easier to keep the hunger when you have the best machinery under you... I doubt Lewis would still be at Mclaren had he not switched much like Alonso not staying there after his last stint.

Back
Top Bottom