When was your last speeding ticket?

Soldato
Never had a ticket in the UK, been pulled a few times and let off though.

Been stopped a few times in Mexico but all of the officers bar one had their memories miraculously erased by the equivalent of about £10 cash. The one proper ticket I did get was for 100kph over the limit, so his memory needed more cash to erase than I had on me at the time. Ticket was sub £100 though and they can’t touch my licence here, so overall still a good result.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Unfortunately they clocked me over .6 of a mile iirc and showed me the video which calculated my avg speed. Not much to wriggle out of with this one :o
Deny and take it to court anyway.

Example: If you contest it, and the officer who wrote the ticket doesn't attend to put forward their case they will have to side with you. Lots of technicalities in our legal system :)

Never had a ticket in the UK, been pulled a few times and let off though.

Been stopped a few times in Mexico but all of the officers bar one had their memories miraculously erased by the equivalent of about £10 cash. The one proper ticket I did get was for 100kph over the limit, so his memory needed more cash to erase than I had on me at the time. Ticket was sub £100 though and they can’t touch my licence here, so overall still a good result.
Haha Mexico sounds awesome :D

Soldato
My dad got caught fairly recently by a Gatso somewhere in Oxfordshire and got points and fine.

I've never had one but then have only every knowingly been through 2 cameras too fast, 1 in Coventry where I understand they're all off and 1 in Liverpool which didn't flash circa 40 in a 30. Been fortunate with vans a couple of times where I've had to slow down for vehicle turning and then when speeding back up seen a van and managed to stay under the limit.

Associate
Soldato
1997 on the M62 somewhere around Bradford/Leeds on a sunday morning, patrol car parked up behind a sign and I missed them. They were very proud to quote the 94.98 mph I was doing to two decimal places. Had it been the usual weekday when I was doing that trip, getting over 30mph would have been a miracle.

Three points and can't remember what the fine was.

Soldato
Never had one in the UK, got pulled going a bit too fast along a freeway in Kansas back in 2017 though, was about £250, that hurt.

Soldato
Average speed camera on the M4 a couple of years ago. It was ~3am and I had cruise control on. In my tiredness I didn't notice the reduction to 50mph until it was to late. Got offered the awareness course instead though.

Did they teach you the dangers of speeding on an empty motorway?

I think they do tell you not to drive tired because you miss stuff, like a huge sign with a speed limit on it. I’ve done 2 speed awareness courses and I actually learned an awful lot on each of them.

Soldato
My last was about 4 years ago from a mobile van. 41 in a 30 = speed awareness course.

I work for the ambulance service so I'll see if I can anger any gatsos in the area to test your theory. On the whole I find cameras in general are very rarely active (Yorkshire region).

Associate
My girlfriends dad got caught by a fixed camera in Luton 2 weeks ago, and her uncle got caught by a different fixed camera in Luton/Dunstable about 2 months ago. So they definitely still work in the Bedfordshire area.

Soldato
Bedfordshire are speed nazis. Do what the locals do and obscure or remove your plates, no one seems to give a crap about that...

Soldato
Never, and I've done more than my fair share of spirited driving. If you are getting caught you need to have a word with yourself, there's a time and a place for it..

Back
Top Bottom