Platypus' Beginners Guide to Running

Soldato
Half marathon for me yesterday, fairly tough course with a couple of killer hills. Struggled to get my legs moving again after the hills. Finished in 1:33:52.

Next one in 3 weeks, aiming for 1:30!

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Tapering down for the Derby Tri this Sunday, been a tough 8 weeks and mostly enjoyable apart from when i do not get a good nights sleep.

Need to find a nice HR focussed training program to up my up running distances for nexts years 70.3.... eeek

Soldato
Great work :)

I think i've had a bit of a bug. Went out Friday and felt sluggish. Saturday i had a consultation for eye surgery. Thought i'd run home as they don't advise driving. I don't think i ran more than 1 mile without a break and at one point i had to sit down for around 2 minutes.

This hasn't been a good month so far!

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Great weekend for me, PB in the swim just a baby 400m (7:43). I would dare say the 18K bike as well but apparently going up and down the same bit twice due to poor signage is not an excuse (Bike computer for Xmas i think) and a PB for the 5k at 28:02 only started running in late May this year so fairly happy. Ideally would love to be around 22min mark but then also need to up the distance to half. What to do over winter.... :)

Soldato
Bit of advice from you running folk please. I currently using Todays Plan for my cycling as my fitness logger which details my chronic training load, training stress scores and a number of other attributes and know the numbers that I should be aiming to hit to achieve improvement. Does anyone use training peaks in a similar manner and would the numbers be similar or are there different metrics involved for running?

Underboss
OK i am really annoyed :(

Cycling = had to give it up
Running = now given that up

I am rather **** because i like to get fitter in myself, and "get out side" rather than sit at home...

There is nothing else i want to be doing (except swimming , but thats indoors)

I find with Running, I felt good, and i was getting fitter, and stronger, my length / time running was increasing over time, and my run time per mile was coming down

I find with Swimming i cant "progress" but today, ive gone up to the next class, my back is hurting !, certainly taking a lot out of me !!
so well see how that goes

Soldato
I find with Swimming i cant "progress" but today, ive gone up to the next class, my back is hurting !, certainly taking a lot out of me !!
so well see how that goes
I started swimming after back issues ... which stroke ? at that time I was doing backstroke, until I figured crawl breathing ... but I've always considered breast stroke will be bad for the lower back ... if its got to be inside search for a nice pool that doesn't feel claustrophobic.

Underboss
I do front crawl, also done this since little

Cant do breast stroke becuase tou "kick" and that hurts

Doing back crawl next week so I'll see how that goes

Running doesn't hurt me in anyway really

Edit/
We done just legs kicking with floats, so using energy and legs more to do 25 metres each way lol

Back
Top Bottom