Essex stereotypes

Man of Honour
Me too!

Born in Basildon, lived in Grays then back to Basildon until I was nearly 11. Still have a fair few relatives around the Stanford-Le-Hope and Chafford Hundred area.

Born in Rochford and lived most of my life around the rayleigh area, I moved to Thorpe Bay when I was 21 and have stayed there since. I love it, its peaceful and generally just a beautiful area.

Soldato
I live in Chelmsford.
The flippancy would be "my condolences" BUT I revisited the gaff a few years back and the entire place, especially the town centre was going through some sort of redevelopment. Where I lived in North Avenue, and its crescent roads, had blown up; my secondary school was no more and the entire Essex vibe had been extinguished.

boooooooooooooo ...

Caporegime
The flippancy would be "my condolences" BUT I revisited the gaff a few years back and the entire place, especially the town centre was going through some sort of redevelopment. Where I lived in North Avenue, and its crescent roads, had blown up; my secondary school was no more and the entire Essex vibe had been extinguished.

boooooooooooooo ...

I went to Rainsford, you?

Soldato
If you live in Essex you accept the ignorance of outsiders and enjoy the county for what it is. What a lot of people think of Essex is typically south Essex; Grays, Raingham, Basildon (a town where you likely to see a Chrysler 300c retro fitted with a Bentley front grill), Southend maybe Brentwood (thanks to TOWIE) bit go out towards Stansted area go north of Chelmsford it become picturesque and rural.

I'm Essex through and through but I can honestly say I don't fit any of the common stereotypes. And for all those who call us thick and stupid well Essex man is laughing back at you in his Jag/BMW/Merc which he parks at his 4 bed detached house.

Last edited:
Soldato
Problem is most of the people from Essex on TV right now are famous for being morons (and having THAT look). People like Joey Essex and Rylan Clark-Neal reinforce the sterotypes. That can't help :D

Last edited:
Associate
born and bred in essex here, stanford-le-hope, live in a tiny town outside of it now which is a bit rural.
loads of stereotypes from cars, dancing around bags at bas vegas, white stiletto's too, small handbag to carry brains etc
gone through loads of them when i went to uni in middlesbrough, i felt foreign there lol
more common stereotype is towie wannabe's through bad fashion choices.

Soldato
Problem is most of the people from Essex on TV right now are famous for being morons (and having THAT look). People like Joey Essex and Rylan Clark-Neal reinforce the sterotypes. That can't help :D
Tbf Joey do be well I'm celebrity masterchef. I was amazed he knew the difference between a spoon and peeler tbh let alone cook lovely food.

Soldato
Rural Essex is very different from urban Essex.

Chingford, Buckhurst Hill and Loughton is where most of the TOWIE skip lickers hail from.

Alas, they infest the bars and restaurants of South Woodford and Woodford Green at the weekend.

Even worse, decent boozers like The Napier Arms have been TOWIE’d and turned into The Lokkum Bar And Grill to cater for them.

Caporegime
Yep. I am from Essex and my biggest gripes is the blithering idiots who are "famous" for being...blithering idiots

Joey Essex on 8 out 10 cats does countdown for example.

"Cornah....a cornah? Triangle innit, its got free cornahs"

And the worst bit is, he doesn't bloody realise they're doing it.

Although Rachel Riley is from Essex and shes great. So there is some hope!

Soldato
Rural Essex is very different from urban Essex.

Chingford, Buckhurst Hill and Loughton is where most of the TOWIE skip lickers hail from.

Alas, they infest the bars and restaurants of South Woodford and Woodford Green at the weekend.

Even worse, decent boozers like The Napier Arms have been TOWIE’d and turned into The Lokkum Bar And Grill to cater for them.

Yea I work with a guy from the more rural parts and he is probably the smartest person I know.

Associate
@EssexBoy Care to comment? :D

LeadingFineElver-size_restricted.gif

Back
Top Bottom