Thinking of going Ultrawide

Soldato
I currently have an Asus MG279Q which I'm really happy with but ever since I bought it I've really wanted to go ultrawide.

Is there anything in the £700 range which is comparable quality wise but Ultrawide? There are loads of crazy expensive ones which I really can't justify but at the same time I wouldn't really want a downgrade in image quality. It has to be freesync capable and I understand I may lose 44hz on the high end (most seem to be 100hz vs 144hz).

It will be primarily for gaming but I will also be plugging it into my rMBP to run protools and lightroom.

Thanks!

Soldato
Hi

I recently went ultra wide myself and i am loving it cant see me ever going back to anything else for gaming now its just so immersive.

I will list a few models you can look at for around the £700 mark.

Acer Predator Z35P
AOC Agon AG352UCG6
Asus Rog Strix XG35VQ

You will lose some hz as most are 100/120hz but honestly with my Alienware i did notice a difference between 120hz and the 144hz on my previous monitor.

Just a note those models above are all VA based panels and not IPS.

Soldato
I originally bought an AOC U3477PQU, but after six or seven returns (faulty power modules & panels) within three months I got an LG 34UM88 instead (Thanks OcUK for sorting!). It replaced two 22" monitors and whilst it took a little while to get used it it, it was definitely worth it.

Back
Top Bottom