Car wash

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Just really posting this as can’t get it out of my head.
Went to one of the local hand car washes earlier, which was staffed by Middle Easterns.
One can’t have been much older than 17-18, but both arms were absolutely covered in 2-4 inch long and thick scars.
I just can’t begin to imagine what sort of hellish life he must have had so far.
I am guessing perhaps from Syria and has been caught up in the conflict there?

It’s just really bothered me afterwards, thinking I’m sitting happily in my nice car whilst you clean it, and you’ve been through hell.

He wouldn’t say anything to me about it, but I feel I want to know his story and help somehow.

Caporegime
Just really posting this as can’t get it out of my head.
Went to one of the local hand car washes earlier, which was staffed by Middle Easterns.
One can’t have been much older than 17-18, but both arms were absolutely covered in 2-4 inch long and thick scars.
I just can’t begin to imagine what sort of hellish life he must have had so far.
I am guessing perhaps from Syria and has been caught up in the conflict there?

It’s just really bothered me afterwards, thinking I’m sitting happily in my nice car whilst you clean it, and you’ve been through hell.

He wouldn’t say anything to me about it, but I feel I want to know his story and help somehow.

How do you know they're not self inflicted? How do you know he wasn't in an industrial accident? You've made a ton of daft, wet assumptions.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
OP
Read the first part of this and was 90% certain the word chains or similar would follow both arms covered in.
Explain?
Maybe I am assuming a better side, however this is a well used and widely known carwash, so I would have thought both council and immigration would be checking on it?
Perhaps it is self harm, in which case, why?
My soppy view is no more wrong than you all assuming it is the opposite.

One next to where I used to work was raided. Police van and cars plus four unmarked cars. Drove in, closed the place, checked everyone, some been taken.

Nothing found. No illegals, no issues.

The owner has other businesses and everything he does is by the book. Now if they raided the place that is run in a nearby village or the one run by the guy that used to have the above premises it would have much more interesting.

Soldato
He's probably still going through hell. He's probably working all hours 7 days a week repaying his human trafficker for the privilege. Like others, I refuse to use these places.

Soldato
Nearly every one of these dodgy car washes around here has been raided by customs and immigration and boatloads of illegals arrested. A few of the raids were featured on one of those police shows, and in one instance the same car wash (the one next to the Coroner's court in Basford, that one has another reputation too, that of leaving cars looking like they've been scrubbed with sandpaper) was raided for the fifth time and still more illegals were rounded up.

Caporegime
Nearly every one of these dodgy car washes around here has been raided by customs and immigration and boatloads of illegals arrested. A few of the raids were featured on one of those police shows, and in one instance the same car wash (the one next to the Coroner's court in Basford, that one has another reputation too, that of leaving cars looking like they've been scrubbed with sandpaper) was raided for the fifth time and still more illegals were rounded up.
I wonder how many have actually been sent back. Probably none.

Soldato
I wonder how many have actually been sent back. Probably none.

Don't know if it's changed in the last few years or not but they used to be carted off to the police station to be fed and watered before being let go on their own recognisance to make their own way to the immigration centre. Bizarrely, the majority never turned up and just disappeared back into the grey economy again - strange that.

Soldato
I would never take my car to one of those places not because of the slavery, more because they do a terrible job and use old rags that scratch the paintwork.

I would also not use a traditional mechanical car wash as those bristles are just as bad.

The only option if you have any respect for your vehicles paintwork would be to do it yourself using decent products and methods.

Back
Top Bottom