• iPhone 11 Pro - 512Gb

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 64Gb

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 256Gb

Votes: 41 13.7%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 512Gb

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 51 17.0%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 109 36.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Decided to go for the silver but considering changing to green. Hmmmm

Soldato
£5 case > £200 apple care.

Also You can insure the whole of your house, content and personal belongings outside of the home (inc phone) including accidental damage with a lower excess for less than Apple care.

Check your home insurance. AC doesn’t include lost or stolen does it?

V F

V F

Soldato

Also You can insure the whole of your house, content and personal belongings outside of the home (inc phone) including accidental damage with a lower excess for less than Apple care.

Check your home insurance. AC doesn’t include lost or stolen does it?

This is why I'm asking. I bought decent cases and screen protectors for the iPhone 7 Plus and to this day the phone is still in mint condition (black gloss) that I never purchased Apple Care. It must be a few years old now.

Soldato
Cheap case isn’t going to save the phone from everything, if you drop it in the road and a load of cars go over it, good luck! But yes it still stop incidental drops from smashing it.

Screen down drops are still vulnerable, even with screen protectors. If you drop it on something irregular and hard. E.g. a stone on a pavement.

V F

V F

Soldato
2 years have passed and I've dropped it once which landed on the bumper part of the case on a hard wooden floor. No cracks and no other issues.

Plus why would I be dropping a phone on the road? My phone is usually in my jacket pocket most of the time.

Associate
Also You can insure the whole of your house, content and personal belongings outside of thehome (inc phone) including accidental damage with a lower excess for less than Apple care.

Yes you can but it's not as easy as just going to the Apple store and getting your screen replaced. You can also do the express replacement and get a new iPhone the next day.

Associate
Had AppleCare on my 7, extended warranty came in handy due to a microphone issue.

However as far as the screen, I didn’t actually smash my screen until my AppleCare ran out lol and refused to pay Apples prices so ended up going to a third party.
Can tell it’s a lower quality screen though, but par for the course I guess. And and the microphone issue reared it’s head again after I dropped it so had to pay to get that replaced.

Dunno if I’d get it again, I don’t usually smash my screens.

Associate
Ordered an 11 128GB.

I am after a plain black case with protection for the ports, without any branding on the outside. They seem to be few and fair between.

Any recommendations?

Soldato
Ok, then the next question. How are people breaking their screens?

My X I broke the back when it fell out of my pocket and my XS Max my partner broke when she trod on it :o

I think the only generation phone I never destroyed was the 7+. All the others met an untimely death in one way or another but I’ve always had insurance or Apple Care so I rather that than a case

V F

V F

Soldato
My X I broke the back when it fell out of my pocket and my XS Max my partner broke when she trod on it :o

I think the only generation phone I never destroyed was the 7+. All the others met an untimely death in one way or another but I’ve always had insurance or Apple Care so I rather that than a case

Yikes. Bet that was a horrid feeling when it was stood on. *crunch*

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

You get a number of accidental damage replacement handsets with AppleCare+

Go to apple store, tell them you want another device because of xyz... leave 5 mins later with a new device.

Good luck claiming on your insurance. If it’s anything like other insurance claims I’ve been involved in you’ll be filling out many forms, waiting for a week for someone to “approve” the claim and then deal with bumped premiums every year.

Insurance has its place but AppleCare+ (I’m on the upgrade programme, so it’s included) can be worth it’s weight in gold when you need help quickly. If you aren’t bothered about waiting and faff then insurance is your best bet, particularly if money is a concern.

Associate
If anybodys interested Apple offer the iPhone Payment plan 0% across 24 months.
iPhone Pro 64GB - £42.99 p/m for example

Could be a decent option if you've got a cheap sim only

Soldato
If anybodys interested Apple offer the iPhone Payment plan 0% across 24 months.
iPhone Pro 64GB - £42.99 p/m for example

Could be a decent option if you've got a cheap sim only

Where do you find this? I can’t see it. There’s quite heavy interest unless you take the upgrade programme on 0% over 20months or so but this then includes the cost of AppleCare+.

Back
Top Bottom