Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
they been advertising the cordless p/w a lot on the TV maybe just an underpowered gimmick .?
most of the time cannot be bothered to setup the pressure washer, and even if I do, typically use it, just for rinsing, after using a bucket+cloth for initial pass

- would defrintiley be good for bicycles (cassette/chain/frame) though

48664082622_37e5b9ac18_z_d.jpg

[don't know hoe much ultra-violet there is in led lights but after seeing the HongKong police using it maybe good for a novel screen wash
https://uvgear.co.uk/invisible-blue-uv-reactive-water-dye-concentrate-3-sizes
]

Caporegime
Wax / ceramic etc. is less shiny after a maintenance wash compared to when it's been freshly applied and buffed, correct?

If so, what do people do to get that shine without re-waxing each time? Is this where quick detailer / Sonos BSG etc. comes in, or do you just re-buff after a wash (i.e. with a drying towel) to shine it back up?

Man of Honour
Wax / ceramic etc. is less shiny after a maintenance wash compared to when it's been freshly applied and buffed, correct?

If so, what do people do to get that shine without re-waxing each time? Is this where quick detailer / Sonos BSG etc. comes in, or do you just re-buff after a wash (i.e. with a drying towel) to shine it back up?

I used Sonos BSG to top up the shine this week. Figured it was no extra effort while drying.

Soldato
IMG-20190908-133905.jpg

Gave it a clean today I did the full works about 5 weeks ago so this was just a quick clean. BH snow foamed, BH shampoo then tried the auto glym polar seal. Quite impressed really nice and glossy and super easy to apply. Will see how it beads when it rains and how long it's lasts.

Man of Honour
IMG-20190908-133905.jpg

Gave it a clean today I did the full works about 5 weeks ago so this was just a quick clean. BH snow foamed, BH shampoo then tried the auto glym polar seal. Quite impressed really nice and glossy and super easy to apply. Will see how it beads when it rains and how long it's lasts.

Very glossy! The beading is insane, on every surface. I top it up every 3-4 weeks. Haven’t really put it to the test longer than that (since it is super easy to apply and you don’t use much on each application).

Associate
When washing your cars guys, do you generally shampoo the entire car at once and then rinse. Or Shampoo 1 or 2 panels at a time, and then rinse?
I feel like shampooing the entire car in one go is far faster, but am concerned about the shampoo drying on to the car in the meantime.

Any recommendations on this?

Man of Honour
When washing your cars guys, do you generally shampoo the entire car at once and then rinse. Or Shampoo 1 or 2 panels at a time, and then rinse?
I feel like shampooing the entire car in one go is far faster, but am concerned about the shampoo drying on to the car in the meantime.

Any recommendations on this?

As long as the sun is off the car and the bodywork cool to the touch, all at once, nice and thick. The mitt literally glides over the body work.

Soldato
Better off letting the shampoo dry on rather than tap water, shampoo water won't really leave spots, and will 're-activate' when you rinse it.

Soldato
they been advertising the cordless p/w a lot on the TV maybe just an underpowered gimmick .?
most of the time cannot be bothered to setup the pressure washer, and even if I do, typically use it, just for rinsing, after using a bucket+cloth for initial pass

They work fine, lots of people over on DetailingWorld use them quite happily. If it's good enough for them... Picking one up for mtbing is tempting too. 2L coke bottle for water supply, blast the worst off.

Associate
Couple of things regarding recent posts...

A sealant ideally is used directly onto fresh paintwork so it can bond properly so if you intend using wax then this should go over a sealant to add further gloss etc.

If you are looking for drying towels... have a look at Klin Korea Duo

I concur about the greatness of Polar Seal... have this applied to my wifes car and it's holding up well 6 weeks later!

Going to be trying out new Fusso Dark on the bonnet of my Karoq this weekend after a full decon and machine polish with Essence... will be my winter protection for bonnet only as rest of bodywork has Tac Moonlight.

Soldato

48664082622_37e5b9ac18_z_d.jpg

[don't know hoe much ultra-violet there is in led lights but after seeing the HongKong police using it maybe good for a novel screen wash
https://uvgear.co.uk/invisible-blue-uv-reactive-water-dye-concentrate-3-sizes
]
If that's the same one i have seen advertised, comments say it's no more powerful than a hose pipe with your thumb over the end.

Associate
New to this. I have some I have some Pro-Kleen Snow Foam, but the label says "contains wax". I'm reluctant to use this as I don't want wax on my windscreen. Is it safe to use on glass?

I also have some Maguires Gold shampoo, would this be OK to use in my pressure washer instead.

Soldato
Tip with BSD is to water it down.. I do 1:1 with water and it's as effective and easier to apply and less smeary, reduces the gloopness of the product as it's very thick.

Soldato
Replaced all my sponges and cloths for the new car, first clean. I also tried out Collinite 845 for the first time. I don't go into anything like the detail of most in this thread, was very easy to apply and pretty happy with the results.

N2HIzVk.jpg

And today it rained, beading FTW.

sbWOV2R.jpg

Will be interesting to see if the wax lasts any time at all on the glass, someone told me it works?

Soldato
New to this. I have some I have some Pro-Kleen Snow Foam, but the label says "contains wax". I'm reluctant to use this as I don't want wax on my windscreen. Is it safe to use on glass?

I also have some Maguires Gold shampoo, would this be OK to use in my pressure washer instead.

personally don't like any all in one shampoos/foams that contain additional anti-beading surface chemicals/waxes .. if I want to put wax on separately I'll do it;
rather I use hair shampoos -- currently using shwarzkopf, but johnsons baby is good too. ... usually using the end of bottles when the bathroom brand gets changed.

Maguires in a pressure washer - I would think you will get bubble galore, like using fairy liquid, but it's not going to damage the pressure washer.

Bar

Bar

Soldato
So after reading this thread and some reviews on youtube I went for the AutoGlym Polar range. I have a big car (Citroen Spacetourer) and it was a delight to wash and far quicker than previous efforts. Very simple application:

Polar Blast coat all over using snow foam lance and pressure washer.
Rinse out snow foam bottle and prepare the Polar Wash solution.
Give it another 5 minutes and then rinse off the snow foam.
Polar wash on two sides of the car - if your car is small and/or its not in sun you could do your whole car.
Microfibre mit straight onto to the car and use the layer of polar wash to clean.
I had a clean rinse bucket which was used to rinse the mit every not and then.
Pressure wash off and move to the other two sides and repeat.
Once the car was clean and rinsed. I made up the polar seal solution and applied over the car - avoiding the front windscreen.

Tool about 30 minutes including the time to clean the wheels and tyres. Got to be honest I was a little skeptical, but so impressed with the quality of the finish for the little effort required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom