Standard v Max iPhone.

Soldato
What re people preferred size. I use have iPhone X standard then went to Xs Max. Whilst I enjoyed it I missed the compactness of the standard and easily handle so going back to 11 pro standard

Soldato
The size of the regular 7 and 8 are just perfect for me, so I’d have a Standard if I upgraded to an X or 11.

Tried a 7 Plus for a month to play with the new fake bokeh camera, but it was just too large to use comfortably in my US glove size 9 hands.

Soldato
I had a 7+ before upgrading to a XS Max. I don’t find phones this size too big at all. I’d say they were the perfect size. Big enough to use productively yet small enough to stick in a pocket.

Soldato
I had the 7+ then got the X and then went back to the XS Max. Gone for the 11 Pro Max.

I just much prefer the size of the larger phone and found I was missing the screen size of the 7+ after a few weeks of using the X. Only reason I bothered to upgrade last year was to get the big screen back. The regular sized phones feel comically small in my hands now. My fingers feel like they wrap around them.

The Max never stopped me using my 10.5 Pro iPad

Soldato
OP
I had the 7+ then got the X and then went back to the XS Max. Gone for the 11 Pro Max.

I just much prefer the size of the larger phone and found I was missing the screen size of the 7+ after a few weeks of using the X. Only reason I bothered to upgrade last year was to get the big screen back. The regular sized phones feel comically small in my hands now. My fingers feel like they wrap around them.

The Max never stopped me using my 10.5 Pro iPad
Strange you said the x was too small screen size than the 7+ I thigh they was same size screen just the phone was smaller

Soldato
Strange you said the x was too small screen size than the 7+ I thigh they was same size screen just the phone was smaller
iphone-x-display-overlay-2.jpg

That's the X over the 7+.

It was longer, but not wider and had a notch. It definitely felt smaller going from the 7+ to the X and I am not just referring to the actual physical size of the housing.

Soldato
Personally I just think the Max is the perfect sized device for me. At no point did I ever think it was too big to use comfortably or have it sit in my jean pockets

Associate
I’ve been using the 7+ for 3 years and think it’s fine. I take it this means I will be better off with the pro max rather than the 11 pro?

Soldato
Prefer the Max. Had the Plus phones before it. Cases do make it a bit unwieldy so I just use one of those 0.35mm cases to give it some scratch protection and a Popsocket for grip/ergonomics.

Associate
I’ve been using the 7+ for 3 years and think it’s fine. I take it this means I will be better off with the pro max rather than the 11 pro?

In the same sort of dilemma, tbh. I’m probably better having a good hands on with them both, although I’m not really thinking of changing any time soon. However, I do have a business trip to Guernsey planned and there’s no VAT there, so my arm could be twisted.

Soldato
iphone-x-display-overlay-2.jpg

That's the X over the 7+.

It was longer, but not wider and had a notch. It definitely felt smaller going from the 7+ to the X and I am not just referring to the actual physical size of the housing.

The X didn’t do enough in landscape mode which annoyed me.

I have a max and wouldn’t go back. Love the size tbh. I couldn’t imagine playing Civ VI on a smaller screen. I do wish it too would do more in landscape mode tho.

Soldato
The X didn’t do enough in landscape mode which annoyed me.

I have a max and wouldn’t go back. Love the size tbh. I couldn’t imagine playing Civ VI on a smaller screen. I do wish it too would do more in landscape mode tho.

Seeing the + sized phones go landscape made me switch when i got the 7+. I was quite annoyed neither the X or Max went landscape

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Prefer the bigger phones just cause you can go landscape mode on home screen.

All jokes aside, ive always preferred the bigger phones, just looks and feels better imo. And its one of those weird things where once you get used to a bigger phone, its hard to go back to a smaller one

Back
Top Bottom