Best 4 Door Coupe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Yes. My point was to Nasher who was specifically talking about the M5 V10 and said remaps aren’t VFM.

Primary decats and remap 560hp. (Keeping secondary)

Not too different to the M3 V8 engine in terms of response to remap and /or primary decats.

Plus headers! then maybe close to 560 if your are very lucky

Caporegime
This isn’t really a conservative one size fits all engine which what makes strange they didn’t push it a bit harder. But then of course durability is a big factor to OEM engineers.
Vanos timing gives more control and things to play with versus other engines. The odd thing is that these have active spark management so can detect octane and you’d think they’d push themselves a little harder.

Temperature isn’t an issue there are plenty of sensors for that.

The S2000 was an engine that never really gave peak power gains on paper from a remap, but one(especially combined with decat) gave huge midrange gains. Pretty rare engine from stock though as even throttle bodies didn’t do a huge amount to peak power because it already flowed so well.

A

Temperature was referring to external operating temperatures. You're right when you say it's not a one size fits all engine but the car in which it was primarily fitted is sold everywhere from Scandinavia to South America. It has to operate comfortably with a huge variation in local ambient temperature which has to be catered for in the design limits.

Caporegime
I think we should all give what the OP wants, put him in an expensive Merc, let him spend money the way he wants. Let him take a girl home back to his room at his parents after a date. Work from home programmer, is that another word for Twitch Streamer? :p Will explain the take-home pay, hope he is putting away 30% for the taxman though.

Anyway, a lesson like this is best learn the hard way at this age. So let him do it, our economy needs some cash injection anyway.

Associate
OP
I think we should all give what the OP wants, put him in an expensive Merc, let him spend money the way he wants. Let him take a girl home back to his room at his parents after a date. Work from home programmer, is that another word for Twitch Streamer? :p Will explain the take-home pay, hope he is putting away 30% for the taxman though.

Anyway, a lesson like this is best learn the hard way at this age. So let him do it, our economy needs some cash injection anyway.

I don't work from home. I commute from home.

Besides - I'm a programmer. Who's talking about girls anwyay?

Associate
I don't work from home. I commute from home.

Besides - I'm a programmer. Who's talking about girls anwyay?
After everyone going off-topic in your own thread, you could at least tell us how your test-drive went or if you decided to go different route with your car selection?
The only thing you can do with insurance is just pay for whichever is cheapest you can find for whatever car you pick and then watch it drop when you have NCB racking up, there is no way in avoiding the premium.

Soldato
Why would anyone want a Merc with a tiny engine. It doesn't suit the car at all. They are all about the larger ones, they make a great V8.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
After everyone going off-topic in your own thread, you could at least tell us how your test-drive went or if you decided to go different route with your car selection?
The only thing you can do with insurance is just pay for whichever is cheapest you can find for whatever car you pick and then watch it drop when you have NCB racking up, there is no way in avoiding the premium.

Yeah I mean there's no point in voicing my own opinion because regardless of my own experiences people on this forum want to impose their view onto me, even if they're not the ones driving the car.

I drove the e-class, c-class, a-class and CLA.

Absolutely fell in love with CLA. The interior on all the cars was fantastic as usua,l but the CLA just stood out from the exterior and I found room in the back to be ample for me (6 foot, not skinny).

Yeah; re insurance, this is likely to cost 1.5-2k yearly, but insuring a 2.0L + would cost 4k+ which is too much. I can live with 2K per year though.

Associate
Yeah I mean there's no point in voicing my own opinion because regardless of my own experiences people on this forum want to impose their view onto me, even if they're not the ones driving the car.

I drove the e-class, c-class, a-class and CLA.

Absolutely fell in love with CLA. The interior on all the cars was fantastic as usua,l but the CLA just stood out from the exterior and I found room in the back to be ample for me (6 foot, not skinny).

Yeah; re insurance, this is likely to cost 1.5-2k yearly, but insuring a 2.0L + would cost 4k+ which is too much. I can live with 2K per year though.
Is that the 1.3 or 1.5 you drove the CLA? The 1.3 would feel gutless if you're trying get to the national speed limit in hurry just by going the weight of the car.
If you drove a hatchback with 1.2 or car with 90hp they will feel almost similar in picking up speed.

Associate
OP
Is that the 1.3 or 1.5 you drove the CLA? The 1.3 would feel gutless if you're trying get to the national speed limit in hurry just by going the weight of the car.
If you drove a hatchback with 1.2 or car with 90hp they will feel almost similar in picking up speed.

Didn't have enough time to go on the motorway. But yeah I suppose theoretically it should feel sluggish. I couldn't really tell the difference inner city speed limits.

Mind you, haven't driven long, may just be perfect car to drive for a few years before getting a bigger engine later on. At least then it would feel like a proper upgrade!

They are quite nippy tbh go for a test drive, you'll see what I mean. Reviewers mention the 1.3L but they too insist it doesn't feel THAT slow.

Associate
If you absolutely have to get a shiny new CLA, why not lease one for ~£250/m, save the remaining from your £2k spare and you'd have one hell of a house deposit after a short time. I wish I could have done so when I was 21. Why chuck £30k into a car when you're lving at home when you spend it on a house instead?

Soldato
If you absolutely have to get a shiny new CLA, why not lease one for ~£250/m, save the remaining from your £2k spare and you'd have one hell of a house deposit after a short time. I wish I could have done so when I was 21. Why chuck £30k into a car when you're lving at home when you spend it on a house instead?
Stop being sensible, op's like this aren't worth the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom