Best 4 Door Coupe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
OP
If you absolutely have to get a shiny new CLA, why not lease one for ~£250/m, save the remaining from your £2k spare and you'd have one hell of a house deposit after a short time. I wish I could have done so when I was 21. Why chuck £30k into a car when you're lving at home when you spend it on a house instead?

The loan will be approx £400 pcm so for the extra I can keep it longer and own it. I will still be able to save 1k+ a month and put that towards the house.

Ultimately because the only houses I want to buy are in London and that will require 100k size deposit... saving a hundred pound here or there isn't going to cut it. I will only be able to achieve that once I triple my salary.

Associate
£1,700 a month saved over 48 months gets you rather close to that £100k deposit.

You're in the best position you'll ever be in, with a massive excess of available funds with virtually no outgoings.

Caporegime
The loan will be approx £400 pcm so for the extra I can keep it longer and own it. I will still be able to save 1k+ a month and put that towards the house.

Ultimately because the only houses I want to buy are in London and that will require 100k size deposit... saving a hundred pound here or there isn't going to cut it. I will only be able to achieve that once I triple my salary.

£100 here and there a month, with compound interest into something like Vanguard will get you half a million when you retire adjusted for inflation.

It's a pretty nice pot to set aside.

Soldato
Can’t believe this thread is still going! OP go and buy the rubbish car you want and then pop back in a year when you realise the posters in this thread were right and you are bored of your under powered rep mobile but you can’t get rid of it.

Associate
OP
Can’t believe this thread is still going! OP go and buy the rubbish car you want and then pop back in a year when you realise the posters in this thread were right and you are bored of your under powered rep mobile but you can’t get rid of it.

thanks for your useless post, classic ocuk forums

Soldato
Nailed it. But some people just won't take advice. Good luck to them.

Soldato

No... classic ocuk forums would have delved into your past history and outted you for a massive BS artist by about page 3.

You appear to have made up your mind on the small engined merc, despite concerns raised. Fair dos... I would at least buy a good used model and lessen the initial monetary loss, the moment you drive it off the forecourt.

Soldato
It’s not useless it is simply a statement of fact you have clearly made up your mind you want to spend a huge sum of money on a dull car, that’s your choice it’s your money and you will get to drive round (slowly) in a shiny new Mercedes which is clearly something you value. Personally i’d buy something more enjoyable second hand accept that insurance is going to hurt for a bit but you say money isn’t tight so enjoy it while you can life is short.

Soldato
and you will get to drive round in a (slow) shiny new Mercedes
how often are you on roads that permit a spirited drive ?
putting weight on the looks / interior design / media system (audi vs bm vs merc) is not an anathema, to either ocuk, or the real world.

( following the e-golf lease thread and lmitations of the charging networks for a shiny electric F pace .. that epitomises issue )

Associate
OP
It’s not useless it is simply a statement of fact you have clearly made up your mind you want to spend a huge sum of money on a dull car, that’s your choice it’s your money and you will get to drive round (slowly) in a shiny new Mercedes which is clearly something you value. Personally i’d buy something more enjoyable second hand accept that insurance is going to hurt for a bit but you say money isn’t tight so enjoy it while you can life is short.

yes because going past the speed limit is something that ocuk heavily encourages

and because the interior design, media, comfort and luxury of a car should be completely stripped of all value

Associate
The problem is value and opinion at the end of the day.
In buying a car there is a tick box exercise like most things when making a purchasing decision
Value
Fun
Aesthetics
Comfort
Luxury

Hot hatches that cost similar money to price of a Benz will tick all of those boxes while the benz will only tick aesthetics , comfort and luxury. Ordinary cars in other car brands will tick value, comfort, luxury and some aesthetics.

We are not suggesting you to not get one, a lot of the guys are just suggesting for the money there are better value for the same price or cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom