Quick compact ATX case recommendation.

Associate
Hi all,

My daughter's PC has been giving issue recently, so I've dug into my pile of spares and have found an i5-2500K on an ATX board to replace it with, problem is current case is mATX and the board i have is ATX. I'm looking for recommendation for a compact ATX tower, doesn't have to be flagship in any sense, to build in.

The current case is a Coolermaster Silencio 352 and it lives in a computer desk but as the silencio is quite a deep case it sticks out a fair way, so was looking for something shallower to allow it to be flush but with roughtly the same height and width...

For reference, the silencio is 200 x 378 x 453 (WxHxD mm) so I'd be looking for something 200x400x350ish that will house ATX hardware, and I'm hoping to get a few recommendations from people that have something along those lines.

I could spend hours/days searching the web but hoping for people to offer a couple of ideas.

Thanks in advanced, as always.

DB.

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
Your best bet is
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...e-tempered-glass-cc-9011174-ww-ca-24u-cs.html
Great airflow & best compact case to take Full ATX
Dimensions (W x H x D) 204mm x 450mm x 375mm is correct, checked with tape

Thanks, but it's too tall. I'm working to 200W x 400H x 375ish D due to the location it will be housed, those dimensions are pretty rigid in order to allow actual airflow around the case, there's only maybe 10mm on the width and 20mm on the haight I have for wiggle, the depth is a little more flexible. Cheers for the effort tho :)

Associate
Don't think there is a case that small in dimensions to fit a Full Size ATX motherboard , Micro ATX or ITX would have to be
Thermaltake got wall mounted Frames for a PC build.

Associate
OP
Don't think there is a case that small in dimensions to fit a Full Size ATX motherboard , Micro ATX or ITX would have to be
Thermaltake got wall mounted Frames for a PC build.

Yeah, starting to think I'm going to have to hunt down a mATX board for the 2500K. Either that, or it's upgrade time, but for what she uses it for (school homework + Minecraft) it'd be a total waste. Cheers again for the comment tho :)

Back
Top Bottom