DJI Osmo Action

Soldato
OP
I wish these mic adapters were right angled so it was more difficult to break. I understand most people will have a housing of some type, but sticking straight out is asking for trouble.

Exactly. And in my case, that side is flush to a motorcycle helmet, so now I'll have to mount it upside down and look like I'm riding with some kind of antenna attached!

Despite this, the quality of the camera is great, and the stabilisation crushes GoPro's in the real world. Picked up another one, and good to see that batteries are now shipping too.

tdBLt2R.jpg

Soldato
Exactly. And in my case, that side is flush to a motorcycle helmet, so now I'll have to mount it upside down and look like I'm riding with some kind of antenna attached!

Despite this, the quality of the camera is great, and the stabilisation crushes GoPro's in the real world. Picked up another one, and good to see that batteries are now shipping too.

tdBLt2R.jpg
I bought a few spare batteries too. I am just waiting for the 3 way battery dock charger to go in stock

Soldato
£19 battery and £13 shipping when I looked though :( That's perhaps the most expensive shipping I've ever seen on just about anything! I'm sure they could actually send me one for about £2... I didn't bother.

Soldato
I was about to buy the osmo... Then saw the new hero 8.

I also have an old camera for trade up so the new 8 would only be 279.99

But I hear so much bad stuff about gopro.

Soldato
OP
One of the best things that I've found about the Action is the mobile app. It just works so reliably, whereas GoPro always used to be a bit of a chore and hit and miss for me.

I wish they'd ditch the on-camera screens and just bring out a more aerodynamic form factor.

Soldato
Just got the osmo action. I waited to see the gp8. But that looks like a firmware update to the 7, with all the same reliability issues.

So far really happy. Want a permanent cage really, maybe the one out of the box, but hate the mount.

Ordered a pgytech tripod.

Back
Top Bottom