Wedding photographers / glasgow. Any reccomendations?

Soldato
As per title, im getting married in Glasgow on a sunday in july. Shes been looking for various photographers and generally they're after £1200 to £1600, is that the going rate?

I dont want to "cheap out" as such and im slightly nervous going for too cheap photographers as ive seen some terrible examples!

If anyone has any reccomendations in the area they're welcome. Ive had one from a friend that im interested in also.

Soldato
OP
That is the going rate for a lot of photographers that I know who does it professionally for base to middle pricing, it does go up to over £2k with albums.
Ah ok, was hoping you'd respond as i know you do it.

Guess ill have to lump up and personal reccomendations are good! Also potentially got another one recommended by the venue for £1300

Soldato
I went to a wedding recently in Glasgow and the photographers were wearing baseball caps and totally casual clothes.
Unsure about tjr outcome but they looked absurd dressed like that at a Scottish wedding.
So yea, bear that in mind!
Just pay Raymond and be done with it tbh!

Soldato
We got a guy called Kevin Key from Alloa who I'm sure would travel to Glasgow. Great job. You can check out his Facebook page Kevin Key photography. We got his top package @ around £1600 which was large glass front album and 2 smaller parent albums with a pre wedding shoot.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Seems normal. But check and compare styles and quality. Some are rubbish and charge more than that just because they're busy and so the perceived quality vs price is often the case with them. Don't just go by the photos though, meet them and make sure they're suited to you both and your friends/family group as well since they'll be with you for up to 12 hours or so.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
If anyone has any reccomendations in the area they're welcome. Ive had one from a friend that im interested in also.
Stuart Wood at 1500 Photography.

He did a cracking job of ours a couple of years ago. Very professional, organised and a genuinely nice bloke - really put everyone at ease. What swung it for us (other than seeing his work) was the fact that he was the only guy we spoke to who was more interested in the actual photos rather than trying to sell extra albums etc.

Caporegime
Somewhat indirect advice but a friend at work got hers done in the Marlow area for ~£900 which seems a decent price considering other suggested prices are well over £1k. And their photos were excellent. Thus I would hope if you shop around/with a bit of luck you might get something for under £1k in Scotland.

Soldato
OP

He did a cracking job of ours a couple of years ago. Very professional, organised and a genuinely nice bloke - really put everyone at ease. What swung it for us (other than seeing his work) was the fact that he was the only guy we spoke to who was more interested in the actual photos rather than trying to sell extra albums etc.

Thanks ill have a look.

And agreed raymond is a great photographer but not local to Glasgow so it's extra overhead i cant afford. Ill have to put up with heavy bokeh photos of his coffee/similar :p. (think that's raymond or maybe another poster)

Turns out the person my mate recommended has got a lot busier in recent years.... Did his wedding for 400 2 years ago and now wants 1600 :eek:. Still an open option, also the venues recommended photographers.

Caporegime
Thanks ill have a look.

And agreed raymond is a great photographer but not local to Glasgow so it's extra overhead i cant afford. Ill have to put up with heavy bokeh photos of his coffee/similar :p. (think that's raymond or maybe another poster)

haha, I’ve been to (through) Glasgow before for a wedding and I travel ;)

seriously though, hire someone with work you like, if you are not a fan of my style (perfectly fine), don’t hire me, because I could do my best ever work and it won’t be to your taste.

Soldato
I was just coming on to recommend the folk that did wedding but looks like they no longer do it! we searched high and wide to get one - find one who's style you like and go with them, we really wanted someone who didn't do posed photos (they also limited the group shots to five) they did cost about 50% more than others we spoke to, but it was well worth it in imo!
You might only do it once so get ones you like rather than ones that are cheap but not your preference

Soldato
OP

Just under 2 years on, one covid delay and I've had my wedding with Stuart! Thanks for your recommendation!

Yet to have all the photos through but he seemed great on the day, put everyone at ease and the few photos he's sent before edits have been great.

Example pic below

mbmMEvE.jpg

Back
Top Bottom