Trying to get Dolby Access/Atmos for headphones working

Associate
I have an xbox one x, installed (purchased) Atmos, and then Access.. gone into settings, selected Atmos for the Headset, returned to Access screen and can see a pink triangle with exclamation mark next to Dolby Access. Tried the demos, and it just sounds like stereo, so assume things aren't working. Have restarted console, but still doesn't work.

Im using a pair of generic headphones connected via 3.5mm jack on the controller.

aHfIFqc.jpg

Any ideas?

Associate
Would recommend a Dolby Atmos headset.

I have the Plantronics RIG 800LX and works fine with Atmos.

EDIT: Cod Modern Warfare sounded amazing with it on One X. Could tell where everyone was running and the bullets cracking as they flew by was great.

Shawrey

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I was looking at "gaming" headsets, but couldn't really figure out what was unique about them above a conventional set of headphones (other than the actual mic), of which I have 2 decent pairs so wanted to make use of them. Unless they are designed to work with the xbox wifi, they all connect via the 3.5mm jack on the controller.

I then found out that Dolby Amos isnt dependent upon any particular headset, there's nothing special about a headset that "supports" Atmos, so it should just work.

Associate
Would recommend a Dolby Atmos headset.

I have the Plantronics RIG 800LX and works fine with Atmos.

EDIT: Cod Modern Warfare sounded amazing with it on One X. Could tell where everyone was running and the bullets cracking as they flew by was great.

Shawrey

No Dolby Atmos headset, it's just normal gaming headset with atom app included.

Any headphones can run atoms.

Goto settings, audio output, headset format, 'Dolby atoms for headphones' should be listed.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yep, done all that, I've been back in the settings and checked that the Atmos for headphones is selected, but I still end up with the screen above.

Associate
OP
I tested it on my W10 PC and that all worked ok, although I must admit, I dont know what I was expecting, but I was a little underwhelmed...

Back
Top Bottom