6 free Batman games on the Epic store!

V F

V F

Soldato
cheers guys will give Asylum a go first then.

I really loved how dark and grungy that game was.

Really basic question but is this free 'for ever' or free for only a week? It Doesn't say on the epic website page, and the link says "batman-free-week".....

Freebie alert: To celebrate the 80th anniversary of the Caped Crusader, Epic Games is giving away half a dozen free Batman games over the coming week via the Epic Games store. So long as you grab them by September 26, they're yours to keep forever. Sweet!

From now through September 26, users can nab Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City and Batman: Arkham Knight absolutely free of charge. Developed using Unreal Engine 3, this trio of highly regarded games received Metacritic scores of 91, 91 and 87, respectively.

All of the games are yours to keep forever, so long as you claim them before 10:59 a.m. Eastern on September 26 (that’s next Thursday).

https://www.techspot.com/news/81991-celebrate-batman-80th-anniversary-six-free-games-courtesy.html

Soldato
Amazing deal also Arkham Knight is DRM free (the Steam version still has Denuvo DRM). No DLC for Arkham Knight though & no way to buy it on Epic store either. None of the 3 Arkham games have achievements either they are all without DRM or 3rd party gaming middleware like Steamworks or Xbox Live.

Soldato
The reason I was asking if i should link my MS account to Epic is I was wondering if it would cross play. Because im part through it on the Xbox one X. Arkham Knight that is. That would be cool.

Associate
One of my favourite game series. Absolutely amazing amount of content for free. If you enjoy them be sure to track down Origins too. Give Blackgate a miss though.

Amazing deal also Arkham Knight is DRM free (the Steam version still has Denuvo DRM). No DLC for Arkham Knight though & no way to buy it on Epic store either. None of the 3 Arkham games have achievements either they are all without DRM or 3rd party gaming middleware like Steamworks or Xbox Live.

Really? It's supposed to be the Return to Arkham collection which comes with all the dlc. I know the pc version didn't get the remasters of Asylum and City, but stripping the dlc out of Knight would be silly.

Associate
One of my favourite game series. Absolutely amazing amount of content for free. If you enjoy them be sure to track down Origins too. Give Blackgate a miss though.

Really? It's supposed to be the Return to Arkham collection which comes with all the dlc. I know the pc version didn't get the remasters of Asylum and City, but stripping the dlc out of Knight would be silly.
It's free games
Can't complain even if it is not part of the arkham collection

Soldato
The deal with Phoenix Point was shady because:

1. The game was crowd funded by people, not paid for by Epic to develop it.
2. The "cash payout" meant that the developers/publishers were happy to annoy the backers, many of which would have preferred Steam or GOG.
3. The backer site originally said backers would get a Steam key I believe, which turned out not to be true.

The devs/publishers are looking after number one at the expense of customer goodwill.

The 88/12 split sounds great for devs, but they are missing a trick. If that 88/12 split also let the customer pay a lower price, then it would make sense. Otherwise for a consumer the price seems to be much the same right now.

If a game is good, it will sell well, I'd prefer to see titles release on all major platforms if possible. Steam still has the biggest influence in terms of numbers of people on the platform.

The deal with Phoenix Point is fine and cannot see why all the crying. If you backed the game you get a key for Epic instead of Steam. Not big deal you still play the full game plus first DLC for free. (that wasn't on offer before the Epic deal).
Everyone backed the game on crowdfunding period, was given the option to take their money back or use the Epic platform if they want to play the game immediately on release or wait 1 year to get their keys on Steam/GoG. No big deal here either. Since those didn't like the new deal took out their money, those who want to play the game just installed Epic.

Everything else is crying for the sake of crying showing just how spoiled many are. It makes no sense crying if it is on Steam or Epic. NONE.

Similarly I do not understand people saying "buy ESO through Steam" when ZOS has perfectly stand alone shop and client which pre-exists the Steam one by a whole year without the need to run the game through steam without having the ability to run the client on it's own. Let alone the issues everyone from time to time playing through Steam with outages lasting days.

Also Phoenix Point on Epic can run without Epic after release. Just the stand alone, no DRM client. Something that cannot be said about Steam version of any game.

Some times I feel Steam has bots supporting it's cause, making no sense why so much hate for anything other than it. Hell makes no sense to buy through Steam Ubisoft games for years, as you are forced to run 2 platforms.

And yes is all about the money.

Soldato
FYI since some were asking - Arkham Knight did not include all the DLC but they have now added it in... in case anybody was on the fence because of that point

My stance on Epic remains the same; all for the competition, don't care how many launchers I have, but don't like the exclusivity grabbing... As long as that continues I'll be giving EGS a pass (despite the very good free deals - not a huge loss for me personally as I already own most of the games they've given away so far)

Man of Honour
FYI since some were asking - Arkham Knight did not include all the DLC but they have now added it in... in case anybody was on the fence because of that point

My stance on Epic remains the same; all for the competition, don't care how many launchers I have, but don't like the exclusivity grabbing... As long as that continues I'll be giving EGS a pass (despite the very good free deals - not a huge loss for me personally as I already own most of the games they've given away so far)

The free games are certainly a bonus, had a few really good ones over the months that I would never have tried out via any other means, but the main thing that got me EGS was Borderlands 3 and Satisfactory. So far they have just been too tempting to turn down. Phoenix Point is also beginning to stimulate my temptation gland :D

Soldato
Epic is still too far behind on development to keep up with many (basic) Steam platform features, biggest examples are lack of user forums. People are taking to the Steam Borderlands 2 forums to raise issues with Borderlands 3, because Epic doesn't have forums, and Steam doesn't have Borderlands 3.

EGS is nothing but a Gamersgate or Greenmangaming.

Steam offer EXTRA stuff which without, many games would die MANY years sooner.

Steam Workshop was a game changer.

EGS is nothing but a race to the bottom. Consumers do not win as they pay the same price and get less features than Steam/Origin.

Steam is made by PC gamers for PC gamers and it shows.

EGS is made by ????

Last edited:
Soldato
EGS is nothing but a Gamersgate or Greenmangaming.

Steam offer EXTRA stuff which without, many games would die MANY years sooner.

Steam Workshop was a game changer.

EGS is nothing but a race to the bottom. Consumers do not win as they pay the same price and get less features than Steam/Origin.

Steam is made by PC gamers for PC gamers and it shows.

EGS is made by ????
How much did Valve pay you to say that :rolleyes:

Associate
How much did Valve pay you to say that :rolleyes:
Hahaha!
I have no problem with Epic store, I use Steam as well. Another window for me to get good gaming deals from. Grabbed the Batman games as they are amazing, not played the lego ones yet but bound to be good fun!

Back
Top Bottom