X and Pro still a thing??

Soldato
I sold both my Xbox One X and PS4 Pro earlier this year as they were a bit too much of a distraction when training for a marathon in April and then my first full Ironman last week. I always intended to buy one or both again once I'd done my races and I did pre-order a new PS4 Pro with Fifa 20 the other day (got a decent deal, though I don't really want Fifa 20), but now I'm having second thoughts and this thread has also made me reconsider. I have some digital games on my PS4 account, Last of Us, Bloodborne, Thronebreaker, Horizon ZD complete, plus some others, but if these will work on PS5 would you wait for that instead??

Caporegime
No one knows for absolute certainty but it is widely expected that PS5 will offer 100% backward compatibility with PS4 games.

And well done on your fitness achievements. I’m only trying to get fit for Parkrun but spend more time sitting on my arse playing games and eating crap.

Soldato
I have some digital games on my PS4 account, Last of Us, Bloodborne, Thronebreaker, Horizon ZD complete, plus some others, but if these will work on PS5 would you wait for that instead??

Depends if you're willing to wait well over a year to play them. If it's a decent deal (or alternatively you can get a second-hand one for cheap) then you'll certainly get your money's worth, even if you're considering buying the next gen at launch.

Soldato
I sold both my Xbox One X and PS4 Pro earlier this year as they were a bit too much of a distraction when training for a marathon in April and then my first full Ironman last week. I always intended to buy one or both again once I'd done my races and I did pre-order a new PS4 Pro with Fifa 20 the other day (got a decent deal, though I don't really want Fifa 20), but now I'm having second thoughts and this thread has also made me reconsider. I have some digital games on my PS4 account, Last of Us, Bloodborne, Thronebreaker, Horizon ZD complete, plus some others, but if these will work on PS5 would you wait for that instead??

Definitely not. I have never understood the "just wait for next hardware gen" thing, life is so limited in duration, why throw a year of it away waiting?

Also the ps5 release date is not set in stone either.

Soldato
No one knows for absolute certainty but it is widely expected that PS5 will offer 100% backward compatibility with PS4 games.

And well done on your fitness achievements. I’m only trying to get fit for Parkrun but spend more time sitting on my arse playing games and eating crap.

The uncertainty on BC is partly why I wanted to get another, will it offer it, if so will it be from day one, or will be be a trickle through like on Xbox etc etc.

Cheers, it's been a brutal year but now need to spend more time sitting on my arse letting my body recover. Love the training though as in general it means I can eat more cake :D

Depends if you're willing to wait well over a year to play them. If it's a decent deal (or alternatively you can get a second-hand one for cheap) then you'll certainly get your money's worth, even if you're considering buying the next gen at launch.

I've been looking at second hand deals but keep missing out on them either in the MM or elsewhere. Places like CEX are a bit expensive for a used console. I'll keep looking though.

Definitely not. I have never understood the "just wait for next hardware gen" thing, life is so limited in duration, why throw a year of it away waiting?

Also the ps5 release date is not set in stone either.
Fair point, there is the possibility of a delay so I'd be waiting longer. All signs point to getting another PS4 Pro sooner rather than later :cool:

Soldato
So I've had my ps4 Pro a week now. Bought it for £219 quid from Ao.com. Mispriced I think!.

Games currently owned are

Rdr2 - 1hr in. Gonna be awesome. The atmosphere is great and the music sets the tone brilliantly.

Uncharted 4 - The game I'm currently working towards completing. Done an hour or two a night and it's jaw dropping in places. Looks amazing in HDR. I've played all uncharted games and they are probably my favourite of all games.

Crash team racing - great fun but damn hard! I need to master power slides cos without them I have no hope.

God of War - next to play after uncharted is finished. Can't wait to get into it as the previous ones were awesome.

Sonic mania - bought this on the ps store. Good fun but trickier than I remembered sonic being.

Next games to add are

Horizon zero dawn, resident evil 2 remake and Spiderman.

Games are so cheap too!

Soldato
I’d say HZD is ever so slightly more jaw dropping than UC4. So you’re in for a treat ! The robot AI is great to fight against, humans...not so much. :p

Back
Top Bottom