The Last of Us Part II

Man of Honour
See, I loved the original but I tried to play it again a few times and stopped every time, got around an hour or two in and gave up. I preferred it as a story experience than a gaming one.
The mechanics are a bit clunky, so I'd agree that it's a once and done game for me too.

I enjoyed it a lot though on that one playthrough.

Soldato
The new game looks a lot more open ended in regards to how you can tackle sections/enemies. So it should have a bit more replayability in that sense

Man of Honour
As others have mentioned, it is a bit clunky now but the story makes up for it.

It has definitely aged poorly in some ways but it is a great effort to move video game story telling forwards.

The story is not amazing if you consider other forms of media, but for a video game it did push things in the right direction and it's well worth playing today.

Associate
It has definitely aged poorly in some ways but it is a great effort to move video game story telling forwards.

The story is not amazing if you consider other forms of media, but for a video game it did push things in the right direction and it's well worth playing today.

Yeah agreed. Probably been mentioned before but I just saw it is free on PSN next month.

Associate
Not sure playing as Ellie will be as good as Joel tbh. The father daughter dynamic was great. Also looks like more of the same visually- though the particle fx and lighting look improved; roll on ps5 so we can get a real leap in gfx now! Only 1440p; think HZD with its 4Kcb presentation will go down as the most visually stunning game of the gen for me now. Though CB has died as a technique now (never really caught on despite the hype) it sure looked great when done well but terrible when done badly eg RDR2.

Associate
Yeah be interesting whether they patch it or try and make more money with a remaster haha. Can’t wait for the next gen now, definitely ready for it. Uncharted4 smashed it out of the park really when you think how many years ago that came out now.

TBF to TLOU2 none of the vids have been hdr and naughty dog do hdr incredibly well so that’ll take the Gfx up a massive notch. The hdr in TLOU remaster is superb and both of the uncharted’s.

Soldato
I really want to get this game but I didn't like the first one. The consistent having to clear a room before you can exit through the door.......when you are right next to the door!!:mad: Turned me off from playing the game.

Soldato
I really want to get this game but I didn't like the first one. The consistent having to clear a room before you can exit through the door.......when you are right next to the door!!:mad: Turned me off from playing the game.
Don’t think the formula is changing with part 2... it’s more of the same. Which is great for me as the first game is my GOAT

Back
Top Bottom