H100i in iCUE 220t - NEED HELP!

Associate
Need some advice guys. Looking to use the following components in my build:

B450 Tomahawk Max
Corsair Vengeance RGB RAM
H100i cooler
iCUE 220t case

It seems according to the video (09:50 mark) below that I’m not going to be able to install the h100i in the roof:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DycX8lipZv4

So what are my options? I’m assuming the option in the vid of dropping a fan out is dumb?

I was thinking I could front mount the rad in the top 2 of 3 fan positions and keep the normal case fans blowing through the radiator? I could then use the exhaust fans off the H100i to just exhaust out of the top? That way the RGB will still be showing in the right place.

Really frustrated that I didn’t see this video before I bought! Any help would be greatly appreciated

Associate
Have you bought the case? if not then look for a different one that has a bit more thought in the design.

If you have bought, front mount the radiator, can always replace the fans if needed but the cooling should be sufficent with the standard case fans.

Associate
OP
Have you bought the case? if not then look for a different one that has a bit more thought in the design.

If you have bought, front mount the radiator, can always replace the fans if needed but the cooling should be sufficent with the standard case fans.

Yes already bought :( will probably replace it later down the line

Soldato
@CorsairChris , website hasnt mentioned 240 AIO up top can only be mounted with low profile Ram or boards with Ram slot placement lower

@Franksi seems 240 will fit but with boards with ram slightly slightly lower. MSI 450 seems to have theirs right at the top boarder .
Seems that video is using x570 Aorus which slots are slightly lower but not as low as their z390 versions

In theory, you should be able to RMA as it won't fit, and you've got proof that it states 240 AIO at top but with no mention of height and mobo restrictions mentioned

Associate
OP
@CorsairChris , website hasnt mentioned 240 AIO up top can only be mounted with low profile Ram or boards with Ram slot placement lower

@Franksi seems 240 will fit but with boards with ram slightly slightly lower. MSI 450 seems to have theirs right at the top boarder .
Seems that video is using x570 Aorus which slots are slightly lower but not as low as their z390 versions

In theory, you should be able to RMA as it won't fit, and you've got proof that it states 240 AIO at top but with no mention of height and mobo restrictions mentioned

Thanks for this. Unfortunately it was bought through Hitachi scheme so I can imagine RMA is going to be a headache. Also got a young lad waiting to build this for his birthday so given we won’t be overclocking I think I’ll front mount until we can get him a different case.

Any ideas on what would support 240 up top? Have bought into ICUE with all of the RGB so a Corsair case would be preferred

Soldato
Thanks for this. Unfortunately it was bought through Hitachi scheme so I can imagine RMA is going to be a headache. Also got a young lad waiting to build this for his birthday so given we won’t be overclocking I think I’ll front mount until we can get him a different case.

Any ideas on what would support 240 up top? Have bought into ICUE with all of the RGB so a Corsair case would be preferred

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £198.10 (includes shipping: £13.20)

i believe 275 can fit the 240 - but its only with low profile ram . still Corsair and keeping RGB fans that are about £20 a pop each

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categ...d-Glass-Mid-Tower-Gaming-Case/p/CC-9011133-WW

https://www.kitguru.net/components/...rbide-275r-review-the-case-for-stormtroopers/

please note, ram slots are lower then b450 MAX which is one of the few boards that have them at the top- in theory this LIMITS quite a lot of small budget cases

Then, we tried replacing HSF with AIO Watercooling. In accordance with what is informed by Corsair, for the use of radiators 240 mm and above, users can place the radiator on the top or front of the casing. However, for placement on the top side, Corsair has given a warning that if the user uses RAM with a high heatspreader, it will block the radiator on the top side, and that is true we have encountered when installing a 240mm radiator to the top side. Therefore, we shifted the mounting position to the front side of the case.

275 wouldn't work- ram too high and slots to high up if you want 240 at the top

246 -
AIO; Tall RAM modules may interfere with top-mounted radiator

BASE 500 would work fine but lack of rgb unless to move fans over

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/be-q...ower-case-black-tempered-glass-ca-13s-bq.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom