*** Show us your bikes! ***

Soldato
Finally after ordering in November last year!

It's a bit good.

giphy.gif

Soldato
Finally after ordering in November last year!

It's a bit good.

Coincidentally watched LCR do a quick review of the new S1000RR last night on his YouTube channel. He rates it very highly indeed, especially as a super quick road bike rather than a prima donna track focused thing. Said he thought it could sometimes be a wee bit 'vibey' as could the mirrors?

Associate
My 2015 is vibey too at specific RPM (unfortunately exactly at 75-80mph in top), enough to give everything haptic feedback after a ride!

I'd gladly give up numb hands for the extra midrange grunt though :D

Associate
Took the old Goose on probably its last ride of the year, stopped off at Hunstanton next to an immaculate example of its bigger brother:
bYT7WvAh.jpg

The exhaust wrap is still a mess, can't decide whether to redo it or take it off and refurb the downpipes. Back home and cleaned up, here's its slightly better side:
zOJR6w7h.jpg

And finally, cleaned my little winter hack:
OlT9ObWh.jpg

Not the best looking bike they've made (see above) but still fantastic to ride.

Soldato
And finally, cleaned my little winter hack:
OlT9ObWh.jpg

Not the best looking bike they've made (see above) but still fantastic to ride.

I'm seriously considering getting a Multistrada, I really like the way it looks. Whats it like?
Is that the 950 or 1200.
Only thing that's really putting me off at the moment are the major service costs, especially the DVT motor in the 2015+ models.
On paper it does tick all the right boxes for me.

Associate
I'm seriously considering getting a Multistrada, I really like the way it looks. Whats it like?
Is that the 950 or 1200.
Only thing that's really putting me off at the moment are the major service costs, especially the DVT motor in the 2015+ models.
On paper it does tick all the right boxes for me.
It's brilliant, been riding sports-tourers for years but they've always been a compromise whereas this manages to be great for commuting in all weathers, leisurely tours and (in the hands of a competent rider i.e. not me) scraping pegs. Mine's the 1200S so the Desmo service is a bit scary (and coming up real soon), but it is at least less frequent than the older non-DVT ones - 18k vs 12k I believe.

Soldato
Just what I'm after, something comfy for long distance tours but still mad and powerful enough for those weekend blasts.

How long have you owned yours? any of the common electrical gremlins shown their heads, fuel sensors, skyhook sensors going bad or any thing else of note?

If you don't mind me asking have you been quoted for the Desmo service with the belts changed, seems it varies massively every where I read.

My head tells me to get a V-strom 1000
but I keep going back to the Multistrada and the Superduke GT.
Won't be properly looking until next year now so have a while to mull it over.

Associate
Just what I'm after, something comfy for long distance tours but still mad and powerful enough for those weekend blasts.

How long have you owned yours? any of the common electrical gremlins shown their heads, fuel sensors, skyhook sensors going bad or any thing else of note?

If you don't mind me asking have you been quoted for the Desmo service with the belts changed, seems it varies massively every where I read.

My head tells me to get a V-strom 1000
but I keep going back to the Multistrada and the Superduke GT.
Won't be properly looking until next year now so have a while to mull it over.
9 months, and yep the fuel sensor is on the blink already. Both dealers anywhere near me are owned by the same group, so I'm soon to be £1200 worse off :eek: Definitely going indy for the minor services.

Had a similar dilemma but I just can't get on with the looks of the KTM, S1000XR came close but I was put off by the hand-numbing vibration.

Have to disagree, they're beautiful :D
Well I was going to say it's the best-looking adventure bike but that sounded like damning with faint praise :)

Back
Top Bottom