Operator Chairs

Associate
Hi folks
I've heard that operator chairs (as in the ones that dudes that work long hours use) are best for any prolonged gaming use. I'm just not aware of any brands of models.

Any folks that use a decent chair at work have any decent recommendations?

Associate
OP
Tbh really open at the moment but probably ~£200-£300. Haven't done much research as yet, I've currently got a 'gaming' racing style chair but just want to get an idea for what good looks like.

Associate
Tbh really open at the moment but probably ~£200-£300. Haven't done much research as yet, I've currently got a 'gaming' racing style chair but just want to get an idea for what good looks like.
For that budget I'd be looking at 2nd hand chairs from Humanscale / Steelcase / Herman miller. When new, those brands often offer 10 - 15 year warranty for 24/7 usage, so build quality is very high and spare parts are quite easy to find.

More specifically, I'd recommend the Herman Miller Aeron / Mirra 2, Humanscale Freedom headrest or Steelcase Leap V2 - all very popular and well reviewed chairs. If you wanted to try out the Herman Miller / Humanscale options beforehand, some John Lewis stores them on display.

Did you have any preferences for mesh v fabric and if you wanted a headrest etc?

Associate
OP
For that budget I'd be looking at 2nd hand chairs from Humanscale / Steelcase / Herman miller. When new, those brands often offer 10 - 15 year warranty for 24/7 usage, so build quality is very high and spare parts are quite easy to find.

More specifically, I'd recommend the Herman Miller Aeron / Mirra 2, Humanscale Freedom headrest or Steelcase Leap V2 - all very popular and well reviewed chairs. If you wanted to try out the Herman Miller / Humanscale options beforehand, some John Lewis stores them on display.

Did you have any preferences for mesh v fabric and if you wanted a headrest etc?

Have no idea on fabric or mesh yet shall definitely have a look at JL though. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom