The Tesla Thread

DiG

DiG

Associate
Dropped the car in today to have a few delivery issues fixed (including fitting of homelink)

Quite a slick process, they take photos of everything as they check it in which is reassuring. One thing is there is no option to request a courtesy car, so I presumed they did it automatically - you are supposed to put it in the notes in you need one.

Still, they gave me a Model S without missing a beat, the person checking me in said normally they set you up with a paid for Uber account which I’ve never seen a manufacturer do before, for a London based customer (which I’m not) it seems like a perfect solution, nice idea.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

model 3 is the ugliest of the bunch. I never thought the model s looked that nice either but I do quite like the way the Model X looks.

Soldato
110 miles today in the car - 4 client appointments, 50kw CCS charger plugged in whilst eating lunch, free topup from 60-90%.

So comfy - cruises along lovely. 489 miles on the clock inside 10 days - can't complain at all. Very happy

Soldato
Looks like I received the v10 software update last night just as I was about to Drop of to sleep. Might have helped that I made sure the car had a decent wireless connection and was plugged in. Also checked a couple settings and removed the USB stick to definitely disable Sentry mode. Maybe it worked or it was just pure coincidence.

Out of all the added features I reckon window "Vent" will be used most in summer as I like to crack the windows open when it's hot. I used my 3/4 cover from my i3 a couple of times while it was hot and that's works great to reduce temps and protect the screen but I need a better tailored one.

Last edited:
Soldato
v10 ready to install but i wanted to go to work so its gunna have to wait. The entire console crashed on the way into work though so that was nice. It was screeching the sound of the song that was playing and became totally unresponsive. Not amazed tbh. Holding both steering wheel buttons down resets it for anyone that cares.

Soldato
v10 ready to install but i wanted to go to work so its gunna have to wait. The entire console crashed on the way into work though so that was nice. It was screeching the sound of the song that was playing and became totally unresponsive. Not amazed tbh. Holding both steering wheel buttons down resets it for anyone that cares.

Very software driven so it's going to happen unfortunately. So far I've only had one instance of the rear camera going black but it was also sat directly in the sun on a very hot day. Selected P and back to R and it came back online.

I think think was a v10 addition but the "Dashcam" is recording the rear camera as well now. Silly but re-watching a traffic light Grand Prix was amusing.

Soldato
Lined up next to a Model 3 at the A36/A303 junction traffic lights yesterday. I didn't even contemplate trying it on with my paltry 245PS but he made a very rapid getaway nonetheless and I'm not convinced it was giving it 100%

Soldato
** EDIT ** So there is a phone app that can do this: TeslaCam / Sentry Reviewer

If you want to stitch your videos together I'm not sure if there's a specific program with a GUI but this Python based utility can do this. Lots of potential parameters.

v0.1.15 required for the latest v10 update with rear camera.
https://github.com/ehendrix23/tesla_dashcam/releases

Notes and command descriptions
https://github.com/ehendrix23/tesla_dashcam

Simple command to create a combined 4 to 1 video in the same directory as source. I just copied 1 segment of 4 to the directory to keep this simple.

c:\tesla_dashcam\tesla_dashcam.exe source c:\teslavideo --layout DIAMOND --output c:\teslavideo

The video timing is a bit off but that's a Tesla thing I believe could be adjusted but I can't be arsed as it's good enough for me :)

xnhlngZ.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Very software driven so it's going to happen unfortunately. So far I've only had one instance of the rear camera going black but it was also sat directly in the sun on a very hot day. Selected P and back to R and it came back online.

I think think was a v10 addition but the "Dashcam" is recording the rear camera as well now. Silly but re-watching a traffic light Grand Prix was amusing.

Of course - its not detracting from the smiles per mile ;)
Installed v10 last night, went smoothly. Was hoping they would offer more customisation of both Spotify and TuneIn interfaces but sadly not. If you set up folders of playlists in Spotify desktop it just expands them out into one flat view, making it a job to scroll through. Would also be nice to be able to have a 'detail' view to get more on screen.
TuneIn has an annoying issue too. For example, i want to listen to the Athletico Mince podcast, but it only goes back to episode 49.....cant view anything older. Kind of a show stopper.
Voice commands work really well though.

Back
Top Bottom