**Ghost Recon Wildlands** Official thread

Soldato
Open beta is on this weekend, they've tweaked plenty since the NDR test I last looked at, runs smoother and better framerate.

Had a bug last night where after getting out of a helicopter I couldn't scope in on any weapon in my second slot it did the over shoulder zoom instead.

Funny enough my frame rate went down from the closed beta. I was in the mid 60's on a 1080Ti and it started sitting at around 50-52 in he open beta. Turning Vsync off seems to have put it back up to where it was though.

Soldato
Yeah my fps was bad too and I'm rocking RTX 2080! :(

I played the closed beta though and then the open beta and started to really enjoy it, it felt quite addictive and I always felt like I wanted to go back and keep playing so I pre-ordered standard copy and I get to play Friday.

Soldato
Yeah my fps was bad too and I'm rocking RTX 2080! :(

I played the closed beta though and then the open beta and started to really enjoy it, it felt quite addictive and I always felt like I wanted to go back and keep playing so I pre-ordered standard copy and I get to play Friday.

I bought it too, I don't think I would have if it was to play on my own but it's an enjoyable game with friends who like to have a laugh and explore. One of the first things I tried to do in the beta was kill my buddy just outside Erewohn and see if I could throw him off the cliff :D.

Associate
Never been a fan of Ubishaft and certainly against micro transactions which is even worse considering the large initial AAA price tag.
However with that aside, I'm one of the very few who actually enjoyed the beta, perhaps that was enhanced being the people I played with, but in all had some good fun.

There were however lots of bugs in the last beta, does anyone know if this game has actually improved on release?

Soldato
I am loving Breakpoint, I got Wildlands cheap and did not expect to like it but did ~100 hours. I think i will get a lot more out of Breakpoint, probably got 50+ already including the beta's. It runs great and I am still using a FuryX 4GB GPU.

Caporegime
Torn on whether to buy this as although I enjoyed the closed BETA the open BETA felt boring, possibly because I knew any character progress was a waste of time and I'd seen the first couple of hours already.

Soldato
Torn on whether to buy this as although I enjoyed the closed BETA the open BETA felt boring, possibly because I knew any character progress was a waste of time and I'd seen the first couple of hours already.

Same here, the open beta was the third play test for me and with starting by the crashed chopper each time I knew exactly where to go, exactly where the enemies were etc, where the nowhere base was but didn't bother going in on the open beta, just took a chopper outside & flew off but got bored and didn't keep playing.
The first of the closed beta's had enemies all around the spawn area right from the start, you had to search bodies for bandages & creep away quickly as they were searching the woods all around. Then the second closed beta they are all gone :confused:

Associate
I'm having a blast to be honest, im about 8 hours in since Tuesday as i carried on with the Uplay+ sub for this game, £11.99 for a months rental of their catalogue aint a bad deal to be honest, considering receiving the Gold Edition for my dosh.

If i were to point out the one issue i have with Breakpoint is the new way of pulling off a sync shot. The squad sync shot in Wildlands was great and satisfied my urge for blowing the heads off multiple enemies, Breakpoint however has moved away from squad tactics, unless you're playing in a multiplayer squad and as a result the sync shot is now managed by sending drones to deal each shot, this is also dependant on having them in your inventory, i have not found a way to set up a sync shot using the recon drone so its all a bit clunky (is this possible?). Anyway you send up recon drone, search for enemies, you then need to come out of recon and actually scope into each enemy to set up the shot, each shot uses 1 drone from your inventory so 2 or 3 shot sync will use 2 or 3 drones. This is fine if all calm and peachy, not so much if the **** is hitting the fan or you're spotted during the sync.

Am hoping for a simpler way for this to be implemented but i'm not holding my breath......

Other than that its great, stunning visuals at 4K and fairly well optimised, get the odd dip for no reason but hardly noticeable.

Its possibly the honeymoon phase at the mo but i sank over 115 hours into Wildlands and will possibly surpass that with this one, time will tell.

Associate
Preloaded the other day, started an update last night to this at 10pm. Came to play this morning and it was uninstalled!!! No idea what happened so I'm downloading again :(

Back
Top Bottom