*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
I was going to buy FFXII, but when I saw SoM on the eshop sale it had to take priority. Like you I played this with bro and friend and as a result the game stands as one of the best ever for me.
Also really look forward to playing the Trials of Mana as it is two player (unlike the remake) and as my bro lives nearby we should be able to relive the old times!

Sounds great man! My bro lives too far away - otherwise we'd be on SoM and the sequel already. Plus I've only ever played SD3 single player with a fan translation and would love to try multiplayer.

Associate
Received my Daemon x machina joy-cons by Hori yesterday, from quick impression they feel very comfortable to hold, the analogue movement is a lot nicer than the standard joy-cons. The buttons have more clicky response but need give them a proper go when playing a game and overall weight when holding the switch, not much added weight at all.

Soldato
Received my Daemon x machina joy-cons by Hori yesterday, from quick impression they feel very comfortable to hold, the analogue movement is a lot nicer than the standard joy-cons. The buttons have more clicky response but need give them a proper go when playing a game and overall weight when holding the switch, not much added weight at all.
Mine have arrived today gonna give it a test out later.

Soldato
Can’t say I’m impressed with the Hori Split Pad Joycons, it’s just feels quite cheap and large in comparison when in handheld.

I also noticed input lag aswell when using them, be interesting to hear anyone else that has them if they have experience a slight lag with the input?

will give it a couple of days and if not think will opt for the Satisfye grip.

Soldato
Mine is in the post. They have the same lag induced in other controllers that all 8bitdo controllers have (200ms) but they finally fixed the dpad going by reviews.

Cool, you'll have to let us know what you think once you've had a chance to give it a go.
Was considering it as an alternative to the SN30 for the SNES games.

Man of Honour
Cool, you'll have to let us know what you think once you've had a chance to give it a go.
Was considering it as an alternative to the SN30 for the SNES games.

My all black version arrived this morning and I can happily say that I have finally found a dpad as good as the SNES one on a Switch controller. I haven't tested input lag for multiplayer, but for single player I get the same 110ms latency (7 frames, 2 of which are from my TV) as I get with the Pro controller.

My only complaints are that it feels quite light with slightly cheap feeling plastics when compared to the Pro, and the ZL/ZR triggers have a lot of travel which feels a little weird.

The dpad even "floats" around like the SNES one, which is part of what makes it work so well, in combination with it sticking up higher than the Pro controller's atrocious fixed position dpad.

This is my go to controller for any games focussing on the dpad, and the analog stick seem perfectly serviceable for regular games but for FPS games the Pro might be better.

It even has an easily replaceable battery pack (you can also use AA batteries) and the software will be useful for remapping for certain games (such as a short hop macro for Smash).

I only wish they included the adjustable stops and the paddles from the XBox Elite controller, but as it is I can highly recommend it.

Edit: you can't remotely turn the switch on with the controller of that bothers you.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just ordered one will let you know how it goes haha

Have you had any tracking updates yet?
I ordered on Tuesday, had a despatch email but that's about it.

My all black version arrived this morning....

Thanks for that, definitely going to keep it in mind for those 2d games, I've been playing ALTTP with the analogue stick and it's surprisingly okay.

Associate
I have a Mayflash Magic NS adapter and 2 original SLS Sega Saturn pads (i had no idea how sought after they are until i wanted to use one on my Switch).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCzx5Rbzh3Y This guy does it with the original port version of the pads using an old PC converter with an xinput selector. Says he bought it from the jungle store but i am not convinced it has the selector switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEZFB6X7XDo This guy has a slightly different converter without the xinput selector (looks like the one they have at the jungle store) so needs an extra converter to send an xinput signal to the Magic NS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozzCrUsqa9A This guy gets a retro-bit official Megadrive to work with the Magic NS adapter. Holding start on my SLS pad does nothing, as feared.

There has to be a way to get my SLS USB pads to work with my Magic NS adapter. Seems to me that my Magic NS needs to be getting a xinput signal.

I have two original port controllers as well but if i bit the bullet and ordered from the jungle store and it didn't have the xinput selector switch that's £15 down the drain and back to square one.

I don't want to buy anymore controllers :o

Associate
I've just ordered a Switch V2 with the new zelda game,screen protector and a case.
Going to download Tetris 99 and get Overwatch when it's out.

Anything else I should be buying??

Soldato
I've just ordered a Switch V2 with the new zelda game,screen protector and a case.
Going to download Tetris 99 and get Overwatch when it's out.

Anything else I should be buying??

cannae think of any other essentials apart from games, oh if ur taking the switch out and about another charger and leave the official one plugged in the dock, switch isn't quite right on usb c standard for the dock mode from what i hear.

oh a large micro sd card would be good if your gonna download any games, im using a 400gb one at moment :)

drunken edit: i went from 128 to 256 to the 400, theres little faffing about to go to bigger sticks,

just copy every thing to a folder on pc, format new stick in switch and then copy every thing to the new stick then whack in switch.

so no worries if you don't get a big stick to start with :)

Back
Top Bottom