**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Thread ****

Soldato
Anyone jumped from a Pixel 3 to Note 10 series? I'm toying with the idea of picking up a Note 10 (non plus), just after a bit of feedback on other people's thoughts that made the jump

Soldato
Back from holiday with my Note 10 Plus waiting for me. Just fired it up last night but have a day off today to really get a play with it. My my goodness this thing is BIG! I'm currently on the fence about whether or not I want to keep it. If I hadn't got it so cheap to begin with it would definitely be going back.
Granted it's a big step up from my S10e but you can forget any sort of one handed use on this thing. Screen is amazing however other than sheer size I don't look at it think ''wow" over my S10e.
I just worry that the Note is just not very mobile which defeats the purpose of the whole thing and I think once I'm back into routine at work and out at the weekends it's going to get very tired very quickly.

Soldato
Having initially slated the Note 10+ for lacking a 90hz screen and for being an incremental upgrade, I’m now tempted. My biting point is probably £800 sim free. I’d have considered a contract, but every single reseller put up the prices on the same day last week. I don’t know what that’s all about.

Soldato
I'm still trying to get my head (and my hands) around it. I initially had a play the evening I got it and by bed time it was back in the box ready to go back. The fact I got it so cheap made me at least give it the weekend to have a better go. I have to say it is growing on me but part of me would still be happier with the money...and possibly wait to see what the S11 or even the Pixel 4 offers.
I'm not overly keen on the hole punch. It's nice and small but I much prefer the corner hole on my S10e as opposed to being front and centre. I'm also not a fan of curved screens but it seems these days I have ever decreasing options on the flat screen front.

Soldato
Very happy with mine thus far. Can only see myself upgrading when they figure out underscreen front facing cameras.
I just have a niggly feeling that someone could come out with an absolute game changer in relation to that next year. My only other gripe with the Note (in addition to what I highlighted above) is that if I do keep it I just can't see myself sticking with it beyond 6 months.
If Samsung were to come out with an S phone in March that has a ~6.3 inch screen that's FLAT I'd be all over that. It's unlikely but I'd be kicking myself if they did.
For my uses there's just nothing ground breaking about it. My S10e has everything I need from the Note (minus the S-pen of course) and the bigger screen. Decisions decisions...

Soldato
Not a Samsung, but have you checked out the OnePlus 7T?
I actually went from a 6T to the S10e I currently have. I got fed up of the proprietary charging tech for the OnePlus as it's just silly expensive to replace the fast charger or to have a couple of spares lying around. At least with PD phones I have all that already. And I would also miss the wireless charging. Other than that the OnePlus was a top device.

Soldato
I found a genuine use for the edge panel that has been very useful for me. I have all my social media apps on it along with the smart select panel as it allows me to load my socials or do selective screenshots without having to first go to the home screen/app drawer.

Soldato
Had the note 10 for about 48hrs, will probably keep it for a while - not sure if it's "better" than the p3xl it replaced but certainly gives me more things to play with for now.
And there's my quandary. The Note is supposed to be an all singing all dancing pee-in-the-face of its competitors device and yet this one just doesn't feel special in any way, to me at least.

Soldato
How do people rate their Note 10 devices for snappiness? I had a look at a family member's S8 and also an A50 at the weekend and both were distinctly slow and juddery. My mam's old S7 is really bad, though it's on older software. I know that One UI is quite heavy, but I am using iOS at the moment and if I'm to switch, I don't want to be using something that looks sluggish in comparison.

Soldato
Coming from a Pixel 3, I don't think the Note is any better or worse in terms of speed/smoothness. Android in general has never been quite as smooth overall compared to iOS, although I wouldn't say it's slower it's just the animations and scrolling always seem a little smoother. Maybe best trying one out in store to give you an idea of how it'll feel.

Back
Top Bottom