• UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Fair enough. I don't care for PS exclusives. Played Uncharted and thought the AI was as dumb as a piece of ham.

One thing is certain, PSN will still be held together with duct tape and clue.

Here is an exclusive picture of the tools the engineers will be using.

hqdefault.jpg

:p
I don't play online much so don't care about psn really. I am not even interested in uncharted anyways :)

I'm not, and if that ends up working as intended it'll be a bonus for those games that use it (I'm fairly confident a similar idea was mentioned before the PS4 launched), but it doesn't change the fact that games will get bigger anyway. TLoU2 is rumoured to be on two BDs and that's a single player game on the current gen; we could quite easily be looking at 100GB install sizes for many games next gen and you still need to leave capacity free for downloading updates etc.

If they opt to offer an entry-level model at some point then great, but I doubt they'll be bothering with multiple SKUs at launch ala PS3 so I'd hope they go for a decent amount of capacity from the outset for those people willing to pay up on day one. It'll be like that PS3 with 12GB of flash memory otherwise.

"If you look at a game like Marvel's Spider-Man," Cerny says, "there are some pieces of data duplicated 400 times on the hard drive." The SSD sweeps away the need for all that duping—so not only is its raw read speed dramatically faster than a hard drive, but it saves crucial space.

I am sure devs won't want to duplicate stuff 400 times. So I think we will see space reduction :p

Also say games like Mortal Kombat, once you are done with the story mode, if you can delete that portion of the game, it will help a lot for example. Those two reasons above if implemented then 500gb might be fine. Other's can pay more if they want more space imo. I am sure there will be options for 1tb and 2tb.

Last edited:
Associate
Haptics are fine and dandy, but what about precision aiming? Why is this so frequently overlooked?
renderTimingPixel.png

The one major criticism of controllers is the lack of precision when aiming with analog sticks. The only notable exceptions to this are the Nintendo Switch and Steam Controller, both of which can utilize gyro-aiming, which is much more accurate!

It's a well-known fact that developers compensate for poor precision by implementing aim assist, but this should be a thing of the past with the next generation consoles!

Soldato
Ahhhhh - that's better :) This thread is much nicer now that I've made a new addition to my Ignore list - no points for guessing who :D

Anyway - looking forward to PS5, might put a few quid aside, in case it's silly money.

Soldato
So more of the same then, except with tech that has been available within the PC space for years now.

And i should be excited because?

I'm snoring and the thing isn't even released yet.
Well go play pc then, consols are there for an easy way to game imo.

I like my pc and its more powerful than my ps4 pro and other consols I own but at times a pain in the arse, consols boot up play the end.

PC games can be iffy and more to go wrong

Associate
I'm betting GTA6 will be exactly like GTA5, release Sep 2020 before the new consoles. Then a year after next gen refresh.

A game like GTA you have to sell it at the end of console cycles to maximise profits.

Associate
OP
Nice to see a confirmation that it’s doubling up as a 4K Player. Still can’t believe they didn’t put it in the Pro.

The constant updates it will receive will ensure it will end up being one of the better value players to get.

Back
Top Bottom