• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 2400g Vs i5 4460 dedicated stream pc

Associate
Hi guys I'm currently streaming on twitch on a single system pc, and although it does the job, I do run into some problems every now and then, and I would also like to ease the strain a little bit by having a 2nd rig dedicated to just streaming whilst I game on my original rig.
My setup ATM is
Ryzen 1700x
Asus strix Vega 64 oc GPU
Asus strix b350-f mobo
16gb Vulcan 2666mhz ddr4
Corsair G2 750w PSU

I am on abit of a budget but can increase a tad if necessary.
Now I have an old i5 4660 CPU and a Asus h81m-e mobo and wondered wether this along with a Rx 570 and 8gb ddr3 1600mhz ram would suffice for a streaming rig?
But I have also been looking at the ryzen 5 2500g with built in Vega 11 graphics. Would that do the job? I stream at 900p 48fps with 5000kbps bitrate and wondered if the Vega 11 could cope, or wether I will need another gpu.?

The Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 2 case looks great, especially being able to fit a dual system in there, I would combine it with the Phanteks revolve X combo PSU .

Any advice would be great. Thanks

Associate
OP
I'm having random fps drops. And with certain games my gpu is at 100% which is creating render loss. And once in a blue moon, slobs will just randomly crash due to not enough resources.

Associate
I'm having random fps drops. And with certain games my gpu is at 100% which is creating render loss. And once in a blue moon, slobs will just randomly crash due to not enough resources.

You'd be better off using the Ryzen 1700X in a streaming PC and work on something like a Ryzen 3600 build for a gaming PC if you want to do the dual setup. Remember that capture cards are usually over £100 for a decent one with the Elgato HD60 Pro over £150.

M1NDR on Twitch is currently running similar settings as me below but at 900p60 on a Ryzen 3800X while he RMA's his GPU, then he'll go back to his dual setup. He uses a Ryzen 1800X in his stream PC.

Although I have no problem running a single PC setup on my 2700X, and thats using..

Medium Preset-High Profile-7500kbps@720p60

JkRmKGW.png
tMtGNAm.png

If i were you I would sell the Intel parts and switch the 1700X for a 37/3800X if you can update the BIOS for the newer Zen 2 CPU, you may need to buy a newer mobo though like a B450 or X470/X570.

You could also pick up a 2700X now that they're around £200 or cheaper at the moment, which will most likely work in your X370 board with a quick BIOS flash.

Guess we need more info on your budget.

Soldato
I stream at 900p 48fps with 5000kbps bitrate

Why the weird FPS? If you can't maintain 60fps then drop it to 30fps.
For 900p you really want more bitrate, 720p60 sweet spot is around 5500 so possibly consider dropping resolution and that may pull up your available FPS as well.

Pardon my brutality, your main rig isn't "that" strong so as others have already said, consider a B450&3600 to actually game on and move the 1700X to streaming duties if you feel you need the extra PC but I can't help but try to advise that unless you are making money from this then it is dead investment and you'd likely get FAR MORE fun from investing the amount of money you are looking at into your current machine to increase your own quality of life whilst playing.

Back
Top Bottom