• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Help me Win an Argument

Soldato
Usually complaining about it affecting productivity and the ability to do your job is enough to sort this issue unless they have a super tight budget. Back it up with whatever proof you can get your hands on, resource stats, benchmarks etc. Another angle would be is it in warranty or still have hardware support.

Soldato
Hi all,

it’s been a long time since I have worked I computers but I am trying to argue with my Boss that my work machine which has an Intel Pentium N3700 is better than an old pentium 4 running at 2.8Ghz but cannot find the words for it, I am sure I am correct but been out of IT too long now to argue technically why, how would you argue it, am I even correct?

P4 is 20 years old the other is 4 years old. End of argument.

Soldato
Hi all,

it’s been a long time since I have worked I computers but I am trying to argue with my Boss that my work machine which has an Intel Pentium N3700 is better than an old pentium 4 running at 2.8Ghz but cannot find the words for it, I am sure I am correct but been out of IT too long now to argue technically why, how would you argue it, am I even correct?

there will be many reasons but the perception of performance comes down the latency, i.e when you click something on the screen how long does it take to respond.

your chip will seem much faster as the cpu is able to context switch, dialup and dial down clockspeed much faster than the p4 and deliver a faster response time to the user.

it’s not just about cpu either, an n3700 with an ssd drive fitted will also drop latency much further than the p4 can, even if the p4 has an ssd bolted to it.

Back
Top Bottom