*** Official Ghost Recon Breakpoint thread *** Xbox, PS4 and PC

Soldato
So guys, how are you finding the game, the review scores seem poor, but some say they are enjoying it a lot.

Tempted to get it, as Im quite bored currently and would like a new game to play.

Associate
OP
I am thoroughly enjoying this at the moment.

I just go off exploring and am raising my gear score - doesn't feel like there's any need to rush.

People slating it don't understand you can earn most of the rewards in game. Little it hidden behind a paywall.

Shawrey

Soldato
I was all for this, but I've read a lot and watched a few reviews.
I'll wait for a patch or two then dive in

Plenty of other games out at the moment to keep my gaming time full

Soldato
Had a weird bug last night where I couldn't pick up any loot drops. Could still open crates but anything dropped I couldn't pick up.

Solved it by deleting the locally saved sync file and just let it resync from the cloud and it fixed it. :)

Soldato
Anyone still playing this? Have all the bugs been ironed out? It got slated on release. Do the lack of posts in here indicate it's pretty much dead?

It's on offer at the moment so thought I might get it. But not sure.

Soldato
Anyone still playing this? Have all the bugs been ironed out? It got slated on release. Do the lack of posts in here indicate it's pretty much dead?

It's on offer at the moment so thought I might get it. But not sure.

Pretty much dead sadly. Still some bugs, tbh they have added some patches and additional content but the world doesn't feel alive, it's too big.. never thought I'd say that about an open world game.. it's just the same style buildings and huts with the same enemy types scattered repeatedly all over it.

Soldato
My friend and I put many, many hours into Wildlands on co-op so we're currently playing this now that the Ghost Experience mode is out. It's decent enough, the problem being that it feels like there are too many systems at odds with each other and the balance isn't anywhere near right. With gear score off and some of the other elements turned down/off it becomes a reasonably tactical open-world shooter, but so far for us it seems far easier to get spotted inadvertently and end up in a horrendous firefight compared to Wildlands. The drones are frustrating, they don't add anything enjoyable to the game at all. Things like having to bandage wounds seem neat in practice but it takes far, far too long and results in you either being too wounded to move or unable to move while healing meaning you take even more damage and die. The controls feel very clunky and unresponsive at times too.

I have no real idea what it was like at launch beyond what I've seen/heard but there's still an awful lot of fixing and tweaking they need to do. By the end of it there'll be a reasonably decent game in there for co-op players. It's still no Wildlands though.

Back
Top Bottom