Noctua Fan Respray

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Decided I didn't want to shell out £26 to replace a perfectly good working fan from my D-15S with a Chromax version. So... covered all the fan fins and power cable with clingfilm, then got to work with the spraypaint. Did 4 layers leaving about 20-30 mins between each (forgot to get a before shot, just google any noctua fan and you can soak in all that creamy beige-ness that I was aiming to get rid of!)

g4DRI2S.jpg

The finished article after removing all the protective clingfilm. No more beige! Nice clean white, lovely.

Upe7MeJ.jpg

Fan refitted to the D-15S, looks much better. Might have to think about swapping the rubber mounts to black ones in the future...

h53TAfD.jpg

Decided to do the little covers that run down the inside of the Phanteks P400S a the same time. Originally they were all black, thought making them white would add some nice contrast to an otherwise boring bit of case.

MytzGe4.jpg

Finally a shot of it all together, very happy with how it's turned out!

UnwTjFs.jpg

Soldato
With their pricing Noctua should afford Chinese slave worker to do the same at factory...

Originally they were all black, thought making them white would add some nice contrast to an otherwise boring bit of case.
Everything black is indeed annoying and boring.
It would be like all black or dark gray photograph.
I would take good old colour coding over it any day.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
OP
I just used some spare Plasti-kote matt white I had in the shed :D Always worked well, and the fan is still working and looking great.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll be going down the vinyl dye route personally. Paint is adding a layer over the top of the fan which runs the risk of unbalancing the blades if you get it too thick in a certain place. Vinyl dye physically changes the colour of the plastic itself so there's no new material.

Looks good though!

Back
Top Bottom