Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Associate
Very early days, I've not started any research but just wondered on peoples thoughts of 6.2 vs 6.3 vs 5.5, in NA and Bi turbo variants? My main consideration is reliability, then sound.
I'm going to be looking to replace the X5 in the next 18 months, I'm not in a rush to do so so want to get the next purchase right. I'll be looking at 4/5 doors so C63 and E63, really.

Associate
The more premium the brand the more likely you are to need to spend on options to get the basic stuff.
Buy a mid range Kia Sportage and you get everything...step into a standard Range Rover and it's higher quality but lacking gadgets.

That is disappointing and would put me off buying a premium brand car. Not the cost, but the fact that they lure you in with price X and realise you need 1.5X to actually get items that are standard in other cars. Plus, what is it with Mercedes and BMW having most of the extras available only on AMG/M-Power cars? The E-class I had was comfortable, but I'm fairly certain if it didn't have the AMG wheels it would have been even better.

daz

daz

Soldato
Merc is slightly better than VAG/Porsche in that a lot of the Merc stuff is in packs, so it's usually just a case of adding a Premium Pack, Driving Assistance and perhaps Tech Pack on a lot of cars. Then choosing wheels and any other very personal options. I started speccing up a Macan a while back and it was doing my head in how absolutely everything was an option.

I found Lexus is even better from that perspective, pretty much everything is just included.

Soldato
Merc is slightly better than VAG/Porsche in that a lot of the Merc stuff is in packs, so it's usually just a case of adding a Premium Pack, Driving Assistance and perhaps Tech Pack on a lot of cars. Then choosing wheels and any other very personal options. I started speccing up a Macan a while back and it was doing my head in how absolutely everything was an option.

I found Lexus is even better from that perspective, pretty much everything is just included.
The pack options just mean you need to tick fewer boxes, it doesn't reduce the cost :p
Those 3 packs cost between £4-£6k :(

Soldato
I'm kind of with Fox tbh, I don't really 'get' these super-hatches. I know they're outrageously capable but they're just not cool, half of sports car ownership is presence and lookback factor which they don't have at all.

Soldato
A fox (not [TW]Fox) decided to chew through the wheel speed sensor cable on my GLE the other night. :mad:

Brooklands wanted £425.00 to replace it. No thank you! I sourced a replacement cable for £25 and got a local garage to replace it for £50.

On a separate note, has anyone test driven the new GLE? I saw one on the road today and they do have a lot of presence. I'm looking to change mine next year.

Associate
Has the dealer previously removed the card and simply forgotten to give you it during the sale?

I don't know, I'd need to ask the dealership.

I didn't even check if it came with Sat nav,I just assumed that it would .

If it doesn't come with the car how much are they to buy ?

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I don't know, I'd need to ask the dealership.

I didn't even check if it came with Sat nav,I just assumed that it would .

If it doesn't come with the car how much are they to buy ?
It is missing the data card...you can even see this on the dealer picture.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom