*** General TVs Talk Thread ***

Soldato
That's always been my issue with LCD and the different variants, I can't stand backlight issues or blooming, which is why I went with Plasma and now OLED. I can deal with their shortcomings much easier and I have no issue with brightness on my OLED. it's plenty bright, especially in HDR content.

Soldato
Yeah the only lcd tv that had no noticeable blooming was Sony’s ZD9 which was considered the pinnacle of lcd technology with its backlight master drive and probably still the best out there after 3 years, the pioneer of lcd if you will.

I was going to replace my 75 ZD9 this year.
But I can't find one TV be it oled\lcd that can beat the picture quality.

Soldato
so it would appear Samsung will also get out of the manufacture of the QLED panels and shift that to TCL,
this seems interesting as TCL have FALD sets with a 500+ zones, probably produced more cheaply than the Samsung QLED's,
so could be a ressurgence of more competitively priced LED's to compete in the middle ground beneath the oled price point,
a TCL panel plus the Samsung TV processor engine

Looks like TCL also have their better sets exclusively in the USA
https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1565942818

Soldato
yes - the led and the oled have an antagonistic relationship .. one is good where the other is bad ..
I don't know if 'sunshine' is released in hdr, but would be interesting to view some bright scenes like that , or fires/explosions with an oled to see how the colours look.
I had thought how rubbsish the (vfx?) explosions looked in led/sdr on 'peaky blinders' last week.
37890790176_1e643d1790_o_d.jpg

Associate
Just bought an LGB9 65" for £1779 price match from Richer Sounds plus the extra £20 discount. On holiday just now so won't get my grubby mitts on it for another week. Very excited. Will be replacing a near 10 year old Panasonic plasma.

Soldato
Today Samsung officially announced its $11 billion investment into OLED production facilities.

And yet at the same time Samsung marketing team continues to **** on OLED TVs by claiming they are worse than LCD...

I don't think their teams talk to each other, when Samsung starts selling OLEDs we'll have to make them watch their old marketing material

not to mention that Samsung already sells OLED phones and so they're basically saying their own phones are crap. Maybe they have a point their phones do seem to be far more prone to burn in than any Lg OLED - hopefully Samsung OLED TVs are better quality than their phones

Soldato
And yet at the same time Samsung marketing team continues to
where have they made false claims. ?

They are stopping production of Qled's, as said too.. but I haven't seen if the OLED technology will be different to LG ? (eg. the real emmisive qled, for which they have the patents & bought the company)

Soldato
If there's something strange in you neighborhood a new tv deal
Who you gonna call?- where are you gonna look ???
Ah, you're taking the gift card trickery into account. I did search there too for the model but the deal only came up when searching for JL..

Soldato
Ah, you're taking the gift card trickery into account. I did search there too for the model but the deal only came up when searching for JL..
well seems RSGermans started it with these voucher codes a while back ... did they think Lewis's wouldn't price match, and if there happens to be a Sony voucher at the same time....
there has been a shortage of Sony deals ... I think even at £700 , I'd still go for a 'refurb' Pan 750 at nearer £600 though, being sceptical about Sony's 50 zone full array.
(but I won't start that discussion agan with PS)

Soldato
Just got a 55" Hisense B7500 for £425 for the back room. It's gone up to £499 now which seems slightly on the expensive side. Seems pretty damn good for the price. Build quality is excellent, picture is quite good with no major anomalies. The OS is a bit crap though, so using a Chromecast Ultra for most stuff.

Back
Top Bottom